J D Vance

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jul 18, 2024.

1. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Vance sure does bring out the bitter old cat ladies!

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I was just pointing out what was going on here at the time we schooled our kids. Alaska (actually a very ingenious superintendent in a remote school district on the Yukon River) came up with a way for students to be enrolled in school districts in which they did not live. It was done remotely and the work was mailed in before the Zoom revolution that took pace during Covid and evaluated by teachers in that school even if it was 1000 miles away from where the student resided. Alaska had always had a remote system of schooling back to the territorial days, but that was centralized.

Anyway, this system went on for a decade or so until the NEA--the national association, not the state, decided to sue Alaska over this system. They won in the Superior Court but it was put back in place by the Alaska Supreme Court when the state appealed. The state likes the remote system, as they don't have to provide facilities just teachers. No buildings, labs, janitors, etc., just a computer and enough teachers to assign and grade the work done. Here the State of Alaska is required by the state constitution to provide the education, but in the "civilized areas such as where I now live, localities tax residents to finance things like sports and other such stuff not covered by state funding.

In answer to your original question @Lulu Moppet, I went to public school, but it was a much simpler system then, but my wife went to Catholic school and she was the principal teacher except in a couple subjects in which i was more comfortable, so she wasn't publicly-funded either but her parents paid taxes to the school district in which she lived.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you think JD Vance is "weird," you might consider that you have been indoctrinated by the media. Play this from 16:58 to 17:50, and if you're thinking that Kamala Harris might actually be a "moderate," continue to 18:22. It really is informative to watch this.

This comes up a lot. The word or phrase of the week is sent out to the mainstream media by their bosses, and every newscaster and talking head will dutifully parrot it, and we're supposed to believe they're actually speaking their minds or giving us news.

Ignore the title of this podcast. I don't even know what that's about because I don't think Elon Musk even shows up until near the end, and that's for only about a second. There's some good stuff here, but Elon Musk appears to be clickbait.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2024
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

And if you do not want to watch the video, here is a pretty good idea of what is on it as far as liberals who think they are what normal is about.

IMG_6815.jpeg

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh. My. GAWD. :confused:

upload_2024-7-30_15-20-38.png

How absolutely disgusting. And just think... he's a "contender" for Kamala's VP.

And for anyone who believes Vance is weird, here's your sign.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Obviously the head was photoshopped onto another image. Look around the edges. It's from an advertisement by a Japanese company that invented the device.

LINK to VIDEO

Krystal Shay and Ken Anderson like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Oh, come now. If the Babylon Bee reports it, then it has to be true.

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

You're probably correct about that. I just noticed the picture in Yvonne's "collage" in the post above and nearly gagged.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Personally, I think Vance picked up the phrase from the endless YouTube videos aimed at the far left feminists.
    Those ladies who insist that women do not need men because men are useless all the way to those who only need a man if they are worth millions.
    Everyone from Shapiro to C. Owens has used the phrase with no backlash because frankly, much of it is probably true.

As a small addendum, the new catch phrase echoed by at least 10 media spotlighters including C. Schumer is that Vance is “weird” and the duo’s followers are also weird.
    So now, Trump and Vance followers are Deplorable, Racists, Xenophobes, etc plus Weird. It won’t be long before LBTQEAA+ will be competing with DRXGLW+

Last edited: Jul 31, 2024
    Don Alaska and Vada Bloom like this.
  10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

No one has a genuine opinion. Each mantra is calculated to aggregate its share of power.

Bobby Cole, Don Alaska and Vada Bloom like this.
  11. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Let’s hope JD doesn’t call anyone a Karen or the sky will fall.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

IMG_6863.jpeg

So, today, JD Vance and Harris were both at the same airport for rallies. Vance went right over to AirForce 2, but Kamala refused to come out and speak with Vance. He next walked over to all of the reporters there, after Harris had refused to speak with them, or answer questions, and Vance talked with the reporters.

He said that he hoped AF2 would be his plane in a few more months, and he wondered if maybe the reporters might be getting lonely there , since Kamala was ignoring all of the press everywhere she goes.
    He encouraged them to try and get her to answer questions. Eventually, this is going to put enough pressure on Harris that they are going to have to let her say something.

JD really looks like he is having fun with this ! I think I am starting to like this guy.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I'm not too optimistic for reality to make its way to those who don't seek it. The way reporters were bums-rushed out of the room every time Biden had an event the past 3.5 years (making us an international embarrassment), and they said nothing about it. Probably called him the "most accessible president ever." After all, they make good money for playing the game. Just another day at work.

But good on Vance and Trump for chipping away at it.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Is it just me, or does that woman on the far right side look like the "holster fumbler" from the Trump assassination attempt? o_O

15. Yvonne Smith

It is the same one, @Beth Gallagher . People have been talking about that all day today, and that she should have been fired or at least put back in a desk position, and not left as a bodyguard for a tall man, especially a Vice President candidate. This means that she could show up with President Trump again, too, if she is still working with their team.