John Travolta

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Debbie Allen, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Again Debbie, I'm not judging him, just saying what I read. As for his looks, they have nothing to do with Scientology, he's simply not my cuppa tea as Holly would say.

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I must admit he never did it for me at all and as Ken said certainly not a Hotty

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Debbie Allen

Debbie Allen Veteran Member
    Registered

Did you miss my comment saying that I was dropping that?

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

No, I saw it. Thought you were talking to Mari. Was rereading this post and saw I missed something you said about judging.

Okay, I'm dropping it too.

Debbie Allen likes this.
  5. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah, it was said to me... but I didn't understand it then, either... I only stated that I didn't see any judging. Hehe Wow, this one got bizarre.

If you want to see some judging... well no, that would be naughty of me. Back to the topic at hand... nope, nothing more to say about Travolta. :D

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I certainly did NOT think that @Chrissy Page was judging anyone, she simply made a remark that there had been controversy about Travolta being in Scientology , and there was nothing even remotely judgemental about what Chrissy said , just adding information.
    That being said, we are all able to express our opinions on this forum, as long as it is done politely; so even if someone had been making a judgement due to a person's religious beliefs , there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever, @Debbie Allen .
    We make decisions and comments about people in the political threads all the time, and for much less of a reason than their religion.

As far as John Travolta is concerned; I didn't watch any of the earlier movies, to the tv show that he was in either. I am pretty sure that I watch some move that he starred in recently, and I liked whatever part he played in that movie. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the movie, just that I was surprised that he did a better job of acting than I had expected, since I mostly have only seen him portrayed in those dancing movies before.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It doesn't look, to me, like anyone is fighting here so I don't know that there's a need for a whole lot of apologizing.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:)Oh yeah that too! Love rock operas too!

9. Gina Cobane

Gina Cobane Veteran Member
    Registered

I liked John Travolta in Welcome Back Kotter, Saturday Night Fever, Look Who’s Talking and also Pulp Fiction. He’s a nice looking guy, but not sure I’d call him a hottie. In the same vein, I always thought he was good looking and had a nice smile. I’ve liked a lot of Tom Cruise’s performances and I know some people don’t care for him because of Scientology (same as Travolta) but I really don’t care about that nor do I relate it to their work in movies or TV.

Btw I liked the principal Mr. Woodman in Welcome Back Kotter. He was so funny!

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

The only time I liked Tom Cruise was in Top Gun and Risky Business, after that he lost his appeal to me, nothing to do with Scientology though.

11. His first main role in a movie was in "Carrie"- the Stephen King movie.

Debbie Allen likes this.
  12. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

from wikipedia:
    After attending Dwight Morrow High School,[13] Travolta moved across the Hudson River to New York City and landed a role in the touring company of the musical Grease and on Broadway in Over Here!, singing the Sherman Brothers' song "Dream Drummin'".[14][15] He then moved to Los Angeles to further his career in show business.

Travolta's first California-filmed television role was as a fall victim in Emergency! (S2E2), in September 1972,[16] but his first significant movie role was as Billy Nolan, a bully who was goaded into playing a prank on Sissy Spacek's character in the horror film Carrie (1976).

(I've also seen clips of John doing commercials early in his career.)

No escape was necessary; she wasn't help captive.

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The Boy in the Bubble...does that ever bring back times of innocence! :)

Debbie Allen likes this.