Just Curious; Would Like Opinions

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Kate Ellery, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you all , we are so lucky to have such caring members in this forum , I’m away for another week ….we won’t be going to a dance till after Easter cause we will be home at our own place till mid April
    Dance is 2 hours drive away from home

wise words @Mary Stetler

@Don Alaska

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

There is 4-5 ….40+ year old Chinese ladies who dance …..and one of them in particular is very friendly towards me , we sit near her and another man whom is teaching her to dance .

She is sorta timid , Harold latched onto her like he does …..and offered her a ride home and to pick her up for the next dance which she accepted …( I shuddered when I heard him ask her ) :eek::eek:

…I don’t know what he did to her but she is afraid of him now and will stand close to me if she sees him when I’m chatting to her…..I could ask but I don’t gossip ..

As for ourselves we normally go to the dance , sit on our usual chair ..get up and dance …sit back down and mind our own business so we don’t get involved in stuff , the most we say is hello ..I hate gossip ..and other women sniping at what others wear , as it is the dancing is almost finished as many are to old or have given it up due to age.

lots of women wear long pants to dances now days and men don’t bother dressing up most come in t shirts and jeans

I take offence at her slinging off at me cause I had cancer removed that’s left a nasty skin graft scar
    That’s low to me …
    This shows her morals ….she is skinny ..black died hair …and looks like a she travels on a broom
    no idea of age but is guess 83

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  3. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I may be misinterpreting, but that doesn't sound like a gossip issue but one where the woman faced something scary with Harold, and she's looking for protection.

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Only have eyes for your hubby. It will make him wonder what you have been up to.:D You go to have fun.
    I think it would be nice for you to talk with the lone Chinese gal--not to gossip but to offer comfort in numbers. I don't ask personal questions, usually although I would ask about hobbies, her home town, what foods and dancing she likes, pets, kids....I compliment people, sincerely.
    Then I get all wild and exchange recipes...;)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Jenna! Beautiful, clear-eyed avatar!

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  6. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

So much in life is spoiled by unpleasant people! I've stopped bothering with folks altogether. I just get on with my life and try to avoid others as much as I can.