Let's Improvise This

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Von Jones, Dec 24, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So many of the pucks' problems are caused by heat. For only 20w, those things get HOT!!! If the cover plate and glass lens come loose and fall on a bread bag,they'll melt right through it. I just hope the bulbs fit. The length and width seem to be ok, but they may be too thick...I might not be able to use the cover lens.

These things have been such a pain in the butt. And you gotta use gloves when installing the halogen bulbs.

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Our clogs are past the dawm stage, the traps will have to be taken out and cleaned.
    Plus fridge is leaking from the ice maker so it puddles in the bottom of fridge. I always wipe it up so it doesn't puddle.
    I think its time for a new one but they are not cheap. Lowest price one is $600.00.
    Kids used to come help but now thye have kids and grandkids and live hundreds of milies away.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Why not just turn off the ice maker and the water supply to it? Get a couple of silicone ice trays and you're good to go. :D We don't seem to use much ice since our kids left home; I think we could do fine without an ice maker.

Oh, and the Dawn PowerWash isn't for drains; it's just a dish and all-purpose cleaner.

4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

The fridge is 17 ans as you probably know they ain't what they used to be. Dhelves are taped lining isn't good, so its time for one. If not the ice maker would be gone but we do use lots of ice too.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

While on the topic of ice makers. We purchased a refrigerator with an ice maker, you know one of the bells and whistles. I regretted it after seeing how much space was not available for other stuff in the freezer. I removed the tray; disconnected the water line and now use ice trays. If I could remove the unit itself without any problems of doing it I would but I don't feel comfortable taking that chance if I could.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I got the exact same thing. It's a hunk of equipment that I do not use and takes up cubic inches of freezer space. And like you, Von, I hesitate to try to remove it.

Von Jones likes this.
  7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Would this count? o_O :p

I bought 2 identical pairs of shoes last year, not knowing they were running shoes. They have heels that stick out in the back. Not a problem until you walk down the stairs, and the heels catch on the step above.

Last night I took an angle grinder and lopped off about a half inch on the old pair. I can now go down the stairs without walking like a duck. :) Not afraid to do the new pair now.

upload_2023-4-2_0-42-4.png

8. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Nancy Hart, definitely to me. Hey, those are Nike's. Who would have thought you could improve Nike? ;)

9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

They were on sale and they fit. I was afraid they'd be discontinued.

Von Jones likes this.