Life Experiences That Changed Me

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Hedi Mitchell, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

DON’T EVEN TRY to compare my success at the gym with anyone who uses performance enhancing drugs.
    Why would I give God the credit whilst sticking a needle in my arm?
    To me, that’s some real stinkin’ thinkin’ on your part.

Ya know Joy, I seem to remember when you were pushing synthetic GH and if you remember correctly, I basically told ya what my thoughts were about synthetic ANYTHING going into the human body (and my thoughts weren’t pretty.)

Why cannot you just write, “good job” and simply leave it at that ?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  2. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Bobby, millions are praying to a god(s) for healing etc and go unanswered by a god. I can't grasp or believe in that god -- that is why .. Wonder how a god picks and chooses???

Thomas Windom likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Joy, at your advanced age, you’ve heard all the preaching, you’ve heard all the teaching and maybe even read a little but it’s sad to write that it doesn’t look like you’ve absorbed any of that information.
    To be truthful, I didn’t post to tell you or anyone else WHY God did what He did, but merely with His healing I was able to live to do what I am still doing, building muscle.

Maybe my work isn’t over. Maybe my testimony will help someone else gain the faith they need. Maybe to help others see that life doesn’t cease merely because we grow old. Maybe he wanted me to live so I can take care of and protect my wife. Maybe all of that or none of that. maybe, maybe….

The. facts are that I can’t read God’s mind nor interpret why He does anything but what I can do is to thank Him for the blessings I have experienced in my life.
    Just because you can’t seem to find anything at all in your life that you can count as a blessing isn’t on me or anyone else. It’s on you.

4. Julia Curtis

Julia Curtis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Is this for everyone or just major members...

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is for everyone, @Julia Curtis . There are no “major members”; just some of us have been here longer, but we are all the same . Please always feel free to participate in any thread you see, we all enjoy having you here and you are the same as all of us are !

6. Julia Curtis

Registered

Wow,thank you Yvonne!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Julia Curtis

Registered

I spent most of my young life in a hospital.Toronto Children's Hospital,all because they couldn't figure out why I wasn't well but as it turns out it was Rhumatic Fever.My Mother had 4 other kids (I'm adopted)so she couldn't allways stay with me and had to go back home.I learned there are some mean Nurses but since I didn't speak till I was 6,my Mother never knew any f that till a few years ago.
    Two open hearts to replace valves and waiting on a third and now my Mother is 94 so she is not able to come with me or mabey even visit.Last one was smack dab in the middle of Covid and I saw no one.
    Before the 2nd open heart I had veins grafted on my right leg called a FemPop and it got a hematoma that almost took me out,that leg has never been the same.Lotta nerve damage.I have pictures but I'm not sure people could take that on here,even I had to argue myself into looking at my incisions.It's been a long surgical road but I'm hoping I make it back from this open heart.I almost didn't last time.And I'm scared because I'm doing it alone again.I didn't bond with any of my Mother's kids,they're all older than be and I didn't see them much being in and out of hospitals.That's all I feel ok about sharing at the moment except the God topic that Mr.Cole mentioned,I don't go to Church and I am Spiritual but no labeled religion.I was raised Baptist but the way I see it...why do have to label it all.If you have a higher power to lean on then that's all anyone needs.No one has gone and returned to let us know where we'd be hanging out.I think we're all scared of what happens and we lean on a label.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:rolleyes:

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Julia Curtis my goodness you have been through the ringer - and survived in spite of it all.
    Although we cant be with you in person,we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

9. Julia Curtis

Registered

Thank you Hedi.:)I do appreciate that.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Let us know when they tell you your next operation will be, @Julia Curtis . Even though none of us can be there with you, we all care about you and want to be able to let you know that we are saying prayers and wishing you well for the operation.

11. Julia Curtis

Registered

I sure will Yvonne.You can count on it,when I know you'll all know.:)

12. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Julia, thanks for your share. You'v e had a rough road. My road has been pretty easy health wise, arthritis, being the big issue, but all manageable, and I never have
    worried about where I'm going when I'm done here, I've been a good helper to many and being of service has given me points, when I'm no longer breathing, I beleve that's it...

This is what I have arrived at at 85.

13. Julia Curtis

Registered

Points?I didn't know that's how it worked.:eek:I guess I won't qualify.Well that's disappointing.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

See? Being on this forum can be a life changing experience all by itself because I read the entire instruction manual a few times and I didn’t know that either. Don’t know how I could have missed it.
    I guess I’m out too.

15. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Same here, for a good while. Where does the music go when a tape is erased? Where does the flame go when the candle is extinguished? Lots of things exist conditionally on all kinds of other factors. I’ve been on both sides of religion, raised in a very religious environment, school, community, etc. That is long behind me. Folks can believe anything they want, and certainly do but I am fine with my view of things. And, yes, there were two times I thought I was dying; changed nothing for me..

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023