Life Experiences That Changed Me

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Hedi Mitchell, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I was about to say, you don't have to be married to have another kid.;)
    But I know you know why women can't have babies after 50. It is because we will set them down and forget where we left them.:rolleyes:

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

We have been die hard NCIS fans since the very beginning. In fact hubby is on his third marathon of watching reruns -all day long-Sigh. Anyways, there is one episode that has traumatized me and refuse to watch again.
    Two cocaine freaks, and (they played their parts so real),and in the last scene the girl goes over where the body had been autopsied and began eating the cocaine from the open stomach. I am a tough ole bird in many ways and have heroically endured some rather non repeatable instances in my life. But that baked the cake for me and appalled is not even close to how I felt. That changed me, just not sure how exactly.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Just reading that post makes me thankful that i do not watch television, @Hedi Mitchell ! That is truly AWFUL, and it is hard to imaging that television has gone that far downhill, even though i know they put things on there now that would never have been allowed back in the earlier days of TV .

Krystal Shay and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Mary Stetler

Registered

I am afraid of what is to come with the kidnapping and gang raping of those little 11year old girls in Bimidgi MInnesota by illegals. They go to a quiet, innocent town and are free to go to other towns that don't have defenses because of naivete because of the border situation set up by Liberals hoping to get votes from these people. Stacking the deck with millions of illegals who they are offering jobs and driver's licenses (photo ID's for voting if things should require them). They use our laws against us and Chinese military is coming through the border as well.
    This is not TV. It is a real invasion of our country and we are powerless to stop it if our reps refuse to do anything.
    Lets all give up our guns.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Registered

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Even the Liberals are becoming panicked by what the Progressive agenda has done. Rush Limbaugh did a lot to muddy the waters with the use of the word "Liberal" to describe the group. We used to have Liberals and Conservatives, but the Progressive agenda was introduced to the U.S. from Germany in the late 19th century. Both major parties supported it for a while--Teddy Roosevelt was a Progressive, as was Woodrow Wilson. Franklin Roosevelt established the philosophy firmly in the Democratic Party and it has remained there ever since, although there are many Republicans who are supporters of that philosophy as well. Progressivism supports government control of the individual for the good of society. While there is probably more "crossover" with Liberalism than with true Conservatism, they are not the same. Progressive ideas are willing to support a One World Government if it means that the population can be controlled for the "good of society" as a whole. Progressivism is the complete opposite of the Enlightenment Ideals held by the founders of the United States. That is why Progressives are so anxious to do away with the U.S. Constitution; written constitutions are obstacles to the achievement of the goals of the Progressive Movement.

Hang on to your guns and your religions, for the Progressives are coming for them soon.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

That episode was from i believe the 90's early. Most of our watching is British shows, but like our NCIS

Mary Stetler likes this.