Life In Our Assisted Living After Taking The Vaccine

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Most of the policies like mine require that the insured receives assistance with at least two of the six Activities of Daily Living.
    [​IMG]

2. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Where's the "Sexual Activities" slice of that pie chart? Not the policy for me, I'm afraid........

3. Lon Tanner

Registered

You don't get paid for sexual activities unless your a hooker.

4. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

As I wrote, not the policy for me. If I'm paying for "Activities of Daily Living," then sexual activity must be included. Even as I enter this, I have a feeling that in some European countries, which are far more enlightened than the US, that activity may well be included, as it should be.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When smoking was first banned in parts of the states, there was a story going around about an American businessman who was entertaining a customer from Germany. When the German customer first arrived, he noticed a group of female workers hanging around outside having a cigarette break. After business was concluded and he was leaving for the airport, they walked out the front door and there were still women hanging out, smoking.

The German visitor turned to his American host and said "I had no idea that employers here were so progressive."

"Thank you," replied his American host. "But what are you talking about?"

Gesturing to the women hanging around smoking, he said "Why, hiring prostitutes for your workers!"

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  6. Lon Tanner

Registered

Our Library is not open,nor the Fitness Center or Activity Room and there is not much to do in a small apartment of a few hundred feet. Sure , I have a big screen TV, wifi, lap top, but still. This confinement has been going on fore ever and I hope after we get our vaccine shots on the 16th things will open up and I can at least be paroled.

Hedi Mitchell and Hoot Crawford like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I have to drive to the Texas Medical Center downtown for a Covid test this afternoon. I will be having medical tests next week and they require a Covid test first.

8. Lon Tanner

Registered

Be safe

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Herb Durant

Herb Durant Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've been in solitary confinement since March my conversations with my parrot are limited he keeps asking me what's going on . Just took my car out for a spin it keeps my sanity I think:) Car.jpg

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Lon ..have you tried your hand at writing a book or short stories? May be about your medical career.
    ;)

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, I don't know about where you live Lon, but here, even with getting the two vaccine shots, the mask and "distancing" is still required. A number of restaurants, for dining in, have reopened here, to our amazement.

We have two different places, both medical places, we can make an appointment for. We are over 70 and both Diabetic II, so we can get the vaccine due to changes our Governor made.

12. Lon Tanner

Registered

I never had a medical career.

13. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell Lon's experience with the human body is a rather morbid subject. I don't think many would be dying to get their hands on a book about it.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Lon Tanner Are you still eating in your room? Can you go out and walk in your courtyard? Here is a little music to brighten your day. Break out a bottle of wine and listen to Carlos.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We just got home from driving to the Texas Medical Center, about 25 miles from here. The traffic in Houston is beyond crazy even on Saturday, and the area around the medical center is a maze of high-rise buildings. So this was a very long day though the actual Covid test was a non-event; nothing to it really.

I noticed on the drive that all the large restaurants and stores along the freeway were PACKED with cars. Sam's Club, Costco, Walmart, and almost every mall looked like a normal weekend. We stopped near home at a BBQ joint to pick up some dinner and came home to eat. Hubby said there was a sign on the door that masks were required but the place was busy.

Faye Fox likes this.