Life Then And Now

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Joy Martin, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

This is a good subject for a Seniors group. Thinking about a friend who said things didn't get really hard until she went into her.80's, and she just had her 90th birthday...Said she never thought she'd make 90.

For me I've had a good life, one marriage, one divorce, one child, 2 grandkids, worked 40 yrs, danced a LOT and exercised a lot, did years at the beach and once I hit 70, things took a downturn. Lots of pain on right side of body, didn't know if it was knee, hip, back (lots of years of back issues anyway), so I finally broke down and went to an ortho doc. Looking at xrays, lots of Spurs on the right groin, which is where a lot of my pain was coming from.

After dragging my feet for months, I decided to get a hip replacement..I was 72, I was .Ok the groin pain is gone but I'm left with so much damage from the surgery and now don't drive, use a walker and wear a lot of supports and ointments and other stuff to manage my life. It's a struggle at 83, did the replacement help at all, maybe it did, but the side effects are horrific.

So I do reflect a LOT on my life and others may want to do the same.

2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ortho-ists may or may not ever hear about or be trained to learn how to get spurs to dissolve, naturally, without any bad side effects, and very low costs.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Joy Martin

Registered

After the fact, I've thought about those spurs and how the right groin was full of them and left groin smooth as silk. Too late NOW....
    Surgeries are ortho docs bread and butter and kids colleges.

4. Jeff Elohim

Registered

And other specialties so-called are the way they get rich.

In the medical school environment around four to five decades ago,
    medical and prep school taken before specializing in surgery or other profitable directions, we were taught that nine out of ten surgeries or other medical drugs or procedures that are protocol/ often mainstream/ common or not/ followed
    were not needed and people would do nicely avoiding them.

'But', they said in the schools, people 'want' the dr to DO something, and that is what the schools teach and the drs do or give - something people want, without ever receiving full information - full information is not ever required nor is it given. Making more profits, protecting the system and the control over the population, is the motive. Not healing.

5. Joy Martin

Registered

Probably since 1999 or so I found out about Regenerative Medicine (Prototherapy: PRP and Stem Cells) and they do work and can keep people from major surgeries....BUT the big BUT, it's out of pocket, insurance won't pay, or I should say medical won't pay, they don't want to lose t heir Cash Cows aka Surgeries......I probably will post about PRP in Heath area if I have not already.

Trevalius Guyus and Mary Stetler like this.
  6. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Just knowing, being aware, that at least nine out of ten surgies are not needed ought to at least get people to seek other so-called 'medical' ways and/or opinions from people who don't make money doing or supporting the surgeries.
    The helps for health have been known over a century , and most made illegal by the drugcartels since the middle of last century.

Joy Martin likes this.
  7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Curious where they are truly finding success with PRP. We have clinics here and for a while they were traveling around the state offering free steak dinners to present infomercials in restaurants.
    My daughter and my ortho said insurance would not cover the procedures because there was not enough proof that they worked yet. Of course insurance would not cover chiropractors for the same reason until recently.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Joy, Sorry about your illness and I hope you find lasting relief form that pain.
    It sure isn't easy getting old.

9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I LOVE my hip replacement. It is seven years old. I waited until I just could not stand it another minute, like, hubby said, aren't you going to the barn and I said, No, Let everyone DIE. He knew I was going in for replacement.
    I had researched, surveyed people I knew and found the right ortho for me. Of course, then he RETIRED and I am not sure how to proceed with my other side. He had said it was not my hip but others are not convincing me about how to proceed.

10. Joy Martin

Registered

I don't have illness, I live with many years of OA and a mess from a botched hip replacement.

11. Joy Martin

Registered

Bottom line is that is more could afford PRP etc, they would be a lot of surgeons out of the replacement business....the old standards of Western med is surgery, cut it out etc.... These are the ones who fight insurance NOT to pay for PRP work.

PRP has been around for decades but just kept quiet and not enough docs went on to learn it....they stayed with the surgery standards...

Here is a Yelp site for Dr. Darrow in our town who has been doing PRP etc for many years and teaches it at UCLA.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/marc-darrow-md-los-angeles-3?hrid=H9A0WsEX3VXW367ZG7fC7Q&osq=dr.+darrow

Also NO doctor or surgeon can or should guarantee anything we sign up for them to do and we sign waivers for all docs..... I am and I don't like to say it, pretty god darn disabled since hip replacement 11 yrs ago.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  12. Joy Martin

Registered

You are fortunate, plenty are NOT fortunate....I was doing good 5 months post op and everything went downhill.

And believe me I went with a surgeon who came highly recommended.....We never know how we will fair with surgeries...

13. Joy Martin

Registered

My FIRST experience with prolotherapy (dextrose) was in my right shoulder about 11 yrs ago....I deal with almost frozen shoulders and somehow I found a doc in our town, John Chang, Sports Med and went to him and he injected my shoulder, 8 sites around the shoulder, and I had No Pain for about 3 yrs....I could use the work again but the prices are all higher now and money is my issue.

14. Joy Martin

Registered

This is a link of Prolo providers around the world, it's not up to date as many doctors have been up this Regenerative Medicine and are not on the link.

https://www.getprolo.com/

15. Jeff Elohim

Registered

This post just popped up when I clecked on the link to this site on the browser, so I'm only replying to this post and it might already have been addressed or posted about in this thread or elsewhere .

Years ago, last century actually, I read or learned from holistic-ists that somewhat often if not most often spurs people get in their heals and elsewhere, if they are not cowboys, happen from or because or associated with deficiency of mg. Deficiency of mg is very common in any case, since about the fifties or sixties when agriculture practices changed from providing a lot of mg in the soil to not doing so all across the country - usa. When this is the cause of spurs, it takes a few days to weeks to months I reckon of taking the right supplement or food for the spurs to be reduced to gone. No side effects when properly utilized, low cost, not patentable so nogo for druglords nor for those under the druglords - ama, cdc, fda, doctors, syke-olly-gists and so on.
    i.e. it is and has been rare, like only one out of a hundred maybe , doctors who identify the issue and cure the spurs.