Live Storm Coverage In The United States, From Ryan Hall, Stormchaser

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Denise Evans, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, blizzards near L.A.! Usually Ryan just has the severe info for other States, but today it includes California!

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's an interesting podcast. I've subscribed.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

Great Ken! Especially you folks out East today. We had a few ice-storms when I was growing up in and around, Winston Oregon. Nothing like the extreme weather in other States though.

Wow, he just said L.A. (I think he said County) is under a blizzard warning.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

This morning on California (far Northwest corner) under a mile from the beach, 27 degrees out :oops:
    snow 1.jpg snow 2.jpg snow 3.jpg

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Weird winter every where this year.

Beth Gallagher and Denise Evans like this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Some new weather info across the nation, a live stream video from yesterday, and the newest info on Storm outbreak from Ryan Hall, weatherman and storm chaser. I forgot to mention that Ryan says he'll be online live, today as well. I'll alert folks here when that pops up. He's in Kentucky, so I think he usually starts around noon their time because he goes late into to evenings. I'll let you know:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

Great Yvonne, I really like how Ryan keeps us up-to-date by showing the Radar, that's teaching me a lot how weather is predicted ahead of time!

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We had storms here last night as the front moved through. The tornado sirens went off several times, and there was one supposed to be on the ground a little southwest of here; but all we had was lots and lots of heavy lightning and thunder and some wind and rain. Today we have the usual flood warnings and i am sure that all of the creeks are overflowing their banks in the low areas.

Denise Evans likes this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

I miss the weather we had back in Oregon, inland around Roseburg. They still happen and friends on Facebook keep me up to date with their photos. Ryan also covered California "weird" storms that happened in San Francisco (East Bay and further on into the Sierras).

10. Denise Evans

Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yes, the one near Decatur is the one that was southwest of us. We are in Huntsville, and some of the pictures he posted on Twitter of cars sliding around on the Parkway were from our city camera here.
    We definitely had lots of heavy thunderstorm, some booming right over top of us, but the lights didn’t even flicker, although the television had trouble keeping the picture on the screen from scrambling (we were watching the storm trackers here).

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

Our electricity goes out at the least little thing, usually with higher winds, and during our snow-time this year, it was out but only 2 hours. We only have one "city" camera and it's down on our board-walk, or docks. I forget to look at it when we have super high winds and waves, I'll have to look more often to know what's going on ;) Crescent City is pretty dinkie, Californians down in Southern haven't even heard of it for the most part:rolleyes::D Some know it because of the high-security prison, Pelican Bay.

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yet here in our area of Kansas, virtually nothing. There was so much hype a few days ago in how bad the weather was going to we and we should prepare we barely got any rain. I have noticed that even on the radar it continuously just goes around us. And we really really need the rain not a flood just some rain.

14. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, our weather is not always as accurate, I think a higher power than human technology makes the final decision.

Mary Stetler and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Bobby and I have talked about this phenomenon, and our opinion is that sometimes God doesn’t watch The Weather Channel, and He just does what he wants instead of what the weatherman said is supposed to happen.

Mary Stetler and Denise Evans like this.