Living The Plant-based Diet Lifestyle

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Don Roles

Don Roles Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

You are so right Don. Store milk tastes and looks nothing compared to the milk of my youth as well; the lovely cream on top. One of my uncles was a dairy farmer and the fresh milk was amazing for drinking and cooking! And another uncle of mine was a milk man. Milk in glass bottles taste fresh too.

Don Roles and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My little juicer arrived today, and I made a quart of creamy almond/coconut milk. The juicer is really, really small, but works perfectly for making the nut milk.
    I blended up the milk in my blender, and then slowly poured it into the top of the juicer, which strained the milk really well, and put the pulp out the other side, just like it was supposed to do.
    It is easy to use and clean up afterwards, and i definitely recommend this for anyone who wants to make their own plant milk.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Don Roles

Don Roles Well-Known Member
    Registered

Tried making some replacement for the discontinued Nuteena / Nutolene previously made by Worthington / Loma Linda that I used for decades but it did not turn out as expected. I do have a copy of the original recipe from way back which I know does produce something very close to the commercial product so it must be 'operator error', am generally not a bad cook but let us just say that following a recipe (particularly a new one) is not exactly my strong point! Will try again in the future, still have two cans of it left on the shelf which are now just like gold.......

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.