Living This Long?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I may have mentioned this before, in another thread, but, I had a co-worker that was a lesbian. A very nice young lady, but one time we were talking about age and she said this to me: "Next year I'll be 42, but, if I don't change my personality and friends, I'll never see 42."

I could see some people thinking just that way because what they may be into.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

LOL……I was applying at a major restaurant and was immediately hired with the manager stating that it would be a good thing to have someone older in the kitchen.
    I was 31.

At one time I thought I’d never see 1971 and then 1980 and was most assured that I wouldn’t see the next millennium but alas, I’m still treading water in ‘23.
    Now, if all goes halfway decent and I live until Dec. 25th 2026, and if my uncle who is 10 months older than I doesn’t make it, I will have set a record for the men in my family tree.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    John Brunner likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I didn't think I'd see 30 much less this old.

4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I was in the makeup dept at Macys and the young man who waited on me was obviously a homosexual, I forgot our conversation, but he said the same thing about living till the next year,it was truly sad. Some people are born that way, some made that way and some in it to find a place to fit in.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I was Purchasing Manager for a company, by boss (the Director) decided to hire an older woman (60 years old) as one of the Team Leads reporting to me solely because we "needed maturity" in that position. I vigorously protested...for no reason than her skills and her demeanor. He hired her anyway. I was right. Everyone disliked her. What a nightmare. He did that again (overriding my protests) with an older male applicant who faked a fall and retired off of the lawsuit. Look at Faye's article on geriatric pot smokers. Age ≠ Maturity.

Regarding male familial longevity:
    I set that record in 2010 when I turned 56.
    My next-younger brother turned 56 in 2015 but later died at age 60.
    My remaining brother hit 56 in 2016 and at 62 is still above ground to the best of my knowledge.