Majority Of Men Who Fought And Died So We All Have A Great Place To Live

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Dwight Ward, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Lois Winters and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Interesting read . So many selfless people at this time
    Much respect and admiration for them all

Lois Winters likes this.
  3. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

It was difficult to read the article as a box kept bouncing up and down wanting it to documented. Thus, I was able to more or less get the gist of it. As a nurse, I am aware from my history of nursing so many acts of courage by nurses and others for that matter in the Camps during WWII. When I was a nurse in the Air Force, all war essentially was over for the time being even though I am a Korean War Vet. We face extraordinary situations daily and try to rise to the occasion each time. WWII was a horrible example of what folks faced in concentration and prisoner of war camps in Europe and Asia. Kudos to the nurses who came through, and not all of them intact. One of my colleagues had been on the Bataan March and she was not quite the same, but one brave nurse I must say.

Beth Gallagher and Patsy Faye like this.
  4. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Simply amazing, Lois. Thanks for relating that.

Terry Coywin and Lois Winters like this.
  5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

It begins by asking the question "Oh say can you see?" Asking if the increasing light of dawn will show what we have had only brief glimpses of during the night of the bombardment from the rockets and bombs.

Then it asks if the flag was still waving: "Oh say does that Star-Spangled Banner yet wave?"

See? It's all one big question that Francis Scott Key has asked us, and which Judy answers with our magnificent 48-Star Flag!

Hal
    132 (2).jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Mary Miller likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We have many thread on how bad the white man is well this one is about how good he is and what he has done to advnce us to the title of the greatest nation on earth,not just some of us but all of us.

More white men died or were injured fighting in wars for this nation than any other race or tribe. He gave up his life so all Americans could live in what was once a free country.

Not to take way from Americas minorities who also fought and died for their country but just reminding those who seem to think American whites are bad maybe those who complain will realize that he founded and created this great nation then invited others to join in this experiment of freedom. I think it will be missed but once torn down .

Jim Brown, Bobby Cole and Al Amoling like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

This makes me tear up with joy and sadness for how it all is turning out.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well, it’s like this Marie. To be a white male and moreover a white male who doesn’t have a female trying to come to the surface, it’s rough. I mean, gay and trans white guys are okay but straight? Nope.
    Not too many American civilians liked us when we came back from war and we were and still are pretty much the brunt of every female cause and black cause.
    Heck, I could have cared less if the women of the 60’s wanted to go braless but yup, somehow white guys were the blame for women wearing bras or, taking them off.

But when they explicitly ostracize the white male and make us the blame for every single thing that’s wrong with America then it’s gone way too far.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    Jim Brown and Marie Mallery like this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

I rolled up my car window on one of hippies head at the Lions Bridge In St.Austine Fl.. Cussing the returning troops instead of the leaders who sent them also seen some pretty bad things at V.A.in Decatur Ga..Those poor kids were really injured in that hospital. Nobody abused any of you in front of me or most people I knew.Has relatives in all the wars. I didn't like war either but the kids who were sent wasn't to blame. Thanks you for you service.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

And thank you for the recognition Marie!

Marie Mallery likes this.