Making A " She Shed "

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Lilly Smith, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Haha, are you sure there aren't a few kitties lurking inside that ball?

2. Magalina Lilis

Magalina Lilis Veteran Member
    Registered

I know, right! Well, they did have a blast with their new toy ball in the house. At first, I thought I would try to untangle the mess. After a few hours, I came to the conclusion this was way too time consuming. Needless to say, ended up just cutting out the colors of yarn needed for a project from this huge mess. Lesson learned!

Here is one of my craft projects from this big ball of yarn.

[​IMG]

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Mary Martin

Mary Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Always use pantie hose to wash and dry yarn: something I learned the hard way LOL

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Mary Martin

Registered

5. Mary Martin

Registered

I had a house and, a gazebo that was supposed to be my my "She Shed"
    Son decided that was his place to smoke his pipe. Husband turned it into his storage shed.
    I moved out and bought "ME" a 14x65 mobile home. Filled my little home with my antiques, lace curtains, fux fur throws & rugs and of course butterfly's & fairies.
    My friend came over and said: "I love it, it's just so,so.. Mary
    So I finally got my "She Shed"

Magalina Lilis likes this.
  6. Magalina Lilis

Registered

Thank you fro this helpful suggestion. Next time, I will be sure to use this tick of the trade!

Are you saying you purchaser a mobile home and placed in on your property to use specifically as a s she shed? What an original idea! I can imagine what fun you had decorating your new "home". Also, a nice place to do craft projects! I can just imagine what a whimsical place it is with lace curtains,fairies, and butterflies.

7. Mary Martin

Registered

No Dear; at the age of 75, I decided I had enough of both husband (in front of TV) and son (playing computer games) put the house up for sale and bought into a nice little mobile home park.
    I have a large lot with mature peach, plum and 2 Lemon trees. There is more than enough room for 12 earth boxes full of veggies. I've got four water features, (fountains & birdbaths) I am still working on my fairy garden, so much fun.
    When I figure out how I will post pictures LOL

8. Magalina Lilis

Registered

Mary, sounds like you are happy with your new life. Not only do you have your own "she shed", but have a nice plot of land. I have had a plum trees in the past, but never peach and lemon trees. Sounds wonderful! I bet you cook a lot with your fruit and 12 earth boxes of vegetables. Yum!

I am looking forward to seeing some of your works in progress because fairy gardens are super cool and imaginative! I admit, I am a bird watcher, so like my bird baths, but never had a water fountain. I hope to have one someday. If I find one out in public, I often sit and listen to the water flow. It is so relaxing.

If you need help or have questions about posting images, you can start a thread. There are many people here that will gladly help!

9. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

I love this Mason Jar Sewing Kit!! It is so useful and looks like a breeze to make. I am definitly going to plan on making some of these for friends and family members for Christmas. I am on Social Security and have a very small income so this is something I can purchase the "ingredients" a little at a time so I have enough come the Holiday Season.

Yvonne Smith and Magalina Lilis like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I guess that I just scatter my craft-making throughout the house, and not in any special room. Mostly, I just have my yarn for knintting and crocheting, which I keep in the back room where the computer is at, and I bring it out as needed into the front room where I do the actual knitting at.

Once upon a time, my she-shed would have been the horsebarn, and it was packed full of all kinds of horse tack, and other related "horsey stuff"; but now we live in town, and the horses are only a memory from the past.
    My gardening tools live in the shed out back, where Bobby also has his workshop, although he also works on some projects in the house.
    I think that our whole place is more or less a "we-shed" rather than a special place where only one of us goes.

11. Diane Lane

Registered

Those are adorable! I have a few tangled messes like that here and I've done the same, simply cut out what I needed. I'm considering tossing a few, since I'll probably never get them untangled, and some are starting to fray from the tangles. Thankfully, most of my supplies are pretty well organized, but not quite all are ;).

Magalina Lilis likes this.
  12. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I love this idea! I do not really have a designated place to do my craft work. I have always wanted an area and I have to say I love the shelf idea, how smart! About the closest I have come is to sort the beads into containers and segregate my yarn work in small totes. For the most part I only do yarn work in the winter, usually in my bed before I sleep. It is so relaxing and helps me wind down.

I think it is a good idea to have a crafting goal. I try to make at least six pairs of socks and one other knitted piece over winter. I work in-between on needle point and other sewing projects. One of my goals was to purchase a large L shaped desk. I did that last year and I am in the progress of building an area where I can not only do stuff like pay bills and use the computer, but have an area where I can sit and read or work on projects. A she-shed sounds like the ticket!

13. Diane Lane

Registered

That sounds perfect, and is about where I'm hoping to end up, whether in a small fixed house or mobile, I'm not sure. It'll be a while before I'm able to do that, but the thought of it keeps me going.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Good idea she-shed's are sometimes necessary especially if you like to craft! We don't have the room in a small apt. t have a she-shed, so I guess improvising to have a small corner of the apt. for a she-shed will have to do if I wanted one. If you have your own home you can build a little she-shed I suppose.

15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Here is my 2015 resurrection. :) The she-shed movement didn't last long. I guess after Donald Trump burned down Cheryl's she shed, :oops: that was the end. Since State Farm wrote it up as a lightning strike, :cool: Cheryl was reimbursed but I haven't heard if she rebuilt it.o_O

Al Amoling and Ken Anderson like this.