Mammograms At... Walmart?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Beth Gallagher, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, what this is going to lead to.....

You know that machine near the pharmacy area where you can check your weight and your blood pressure? Man, the possibilities are unlimited!

Eye checkups, stick your finger in a hole for a diabetes blood test, get a suspicious mole looked at.

They could do prostate tests back in automotive, where men tend to congregate anyway.

You could get earaches looked at in the jewelry section while trying on earrings.

Well-baby checkups would be a cinch in the toy department. The kids would be well-distracted.

They could even have a birthing suite in the store; just pick up everything you need in the baby section on the way out.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There's a self-checkout joke in there somewhere.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Cleanup on Aisle 5.

4. John Brunner

Exactly.

5. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My breast center has had 3D mammography for quite a long time. I am always still nervous about false positives (and positives) though. :confused:

6. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I had my breasts squeezed over 35 yrs ago and got this request for a re do and did the re do and never did another mammo....I am totally good with my choice....Plus to continue to squeeze my boobs, NO WAY.

I keep thinking my grape seed extract has kept any C from my bode.....

7. Joy Martin

Registered

I had 2 in my early 50's and none since and 85 now and breasts are good.

Mammograms Designed to Cause Breast Cancer

Connecting the dots here should be easy. It's all an attack on the female's reproductive organs, this time the breasts, to accomplish the same goals of depopulation or reducing healthy offspring production. Females are encouraged by the same system to go in for routine mammograms but what females don't know is that mammograms are PROVEN to cause breast cancer growth and spread. They also cause fear, false positives and resulting mastectomies...when no cancer was present to begin with. Breasts gone, reproduction capacity reduced, mission accomplished. watch @.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/iTweBm61b57M/ 23min

See also: The Depths of Deceit Mammography

Move this if Need Be.....
    _._,_._,_

John Nopales likes this.
  8. John Brunner

There is some risk to mammograms, but I doubt they are "designed to kill." (That author must be related to Ralph Nader.) The radiation in a typical mammogram is the equivalent of 2 month's of background radiation we're all subjected to.

Here is an extract from an article on Medical News Today that discusses the risks:

Exposure to radiation can increase the risk of developing cancer. The National Cancer Institute (NCI)Trusted Source notes that radiation exposure is a potential risk associated with mammograms. The risk is greatest when a person experiences exposure to repeated chest X-rays.

The researchers behind a 2016 study examined the effects of yearly or 2-yearly mammograms on women aged 40–74 years. They note that exposure to repeated mammography can increase the risk of developing breast cancer and that this risk may be higher for those with larger breasts. However, they also conclude that the benefits of screening outweigh the potential risks.

There is a full scientific study on the NIH website.
    Here are summary extracts:

On average, annual screening of 100,000 women aged 40 to 74 years was projected to induce 125 breast cancers leading to 16 deaths relative to 968 breast cancer deaths averted by early detection from screening. [John talking: Breast cancer was apparently induce in 0.125% of the women, while the overall odds of a woman getting breast cancer in her life are 13%, which is 100x as many as supposedly caused by radiation.]

Women with large breasts requiring extra views for complete breast examination (8% of population) were projected to have higher radiation-induced breast cancer incidence and mortality (266 cancers
    [0.27%], 35 deaths per 100,000 women), compared to women with small or average breasts (113 cancers [0.11%], 15 deaths per 100,000 women).

Biennial screening starting at age 50 [rather than annually starting at age 40] reduced risk of radiation-induced cancers 5-fold.

As an aside, I've had a number of CT Scans without thinking of the downside until my urologist recently explained that the difference in radiologists' estimates of kidney stone sizes was because CT Scan pics are "like a loaf of bread with every other slice missing so as to reduce radiation exposure." An abdomen/pelvic CT Scan exposes you to 3 years of background radiation ($hit!), or the equivalent of 18 mammograms. I'm not gonna do the math for all the CT Scans I've had.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I’m on the fence about having yearly mammograms anymore. I have become very cynical about a lot of things. I have had yearly mammograms for years. I check my breasts every day so I stay familiar to see if there is any change, plus my GYN checks them when I go for my woman’s examine. My mother, nor any of my aunts have ever had a mammogram unless their doctor felt something suspicious.

I don’t like, and have never liked the idea of having my breasts squeezed in a device until it reaches the pain meter. What if I had a cyst? How would all that pressure affect that? Would it burst?

Too many times, I have sat in the mammogram center wrapped in a gown, waiting my turn to be tested when a woman returns from her test with tears in her eyes. She was told to be seated and wait a minute because they thought they may have seen something suspicious and the radiologist may want another picture after he/she takes a closer look at it. The rest of us ladies sitting there are feeling her fear, and our eyes fill up with tears just looking at her. Turns out, it was a false positive. That happens way TOO often. Which equals Stress, anxiety, fear-- and now the seed has also been planted-- did they read it right?

10. Joy Martin

Registered

My mom and aunts and their moms NEVER did any of these, thank goodness.. They were not available to them.

Avoid estrogenic type foods and sugars and do all to avoid docs and therir machines. Years ago I broke down and took some Premrin while I was in meno and got off it pronto..breasts got rock hard

John Nopales likes this.
  11. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If you mean "Premarin" I read it's made from horse urine. Sounds yummie........... :D

John Brunner likes this.
  12. Joy Martin

Registered

Yep that's it, and it was a big deal some yrs back, being pushed like mad, I don't know what the druggies push on the woman today, besides the Iron Lung Machine for the breasts....

John Nopales likes this.
  13. Joy Martin

Registered

Ladies, given a choice and insurance is involved in both these tests, which test would you select first?

[​IMG]

There is a difference in the 2 of these. I had 1 ` Mamm and a re-do ot it soon after. I never had another mamm and I was in early 50's and now mid 80's amd have had no more of either.

As you all know insurance payments are involved in Mamms, Therms as I get it, you are liable for payment.

Now if Western Med really cared and wanted to help with these, Why Don't They Offer Thermography First Off, and cover payments???? Is it the Usual, Money Money Money and they really don't care if harm is done with Mamms, more harm, more cancers!!!!!!

If I opted for one of the tests, it would be thermography.....

Curious what the going rate is nowadays for either of these tests... Mine was so long ago,,,

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno about Walmart and Mammograms but I think my appointment at Lowe’s for my colonoscopy is next Tuesday.
    Vets get a 10% discount plus for only $29.95 ya get to keep the drill mounted endoscopic plumbing snake they use for the procedure.

Don Alaska and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

oh my -ain't you the comedian ;)

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.