Manipulating A Family Member?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny, but a few weeks ago, she told us that her granddaughter (our great niece), who stays at her condo during the week, because the college she attends is much closer than her home, has a boyfriend. I asked the SIL last night, thru texting, "how is the boyfriend?" I've asked this a couple of times before with no answer.

This time she answered and told us that the granddaughter doesn't have a boyfriend and refused to accept that she told us a couple of weeks ago that she did. She said "stop coming to conclusions" and I told her "we aren't!" and went on to say "your sister (my wife) just told me you did tell us that she had a boyfriend". I could tell the SIL was getting a little upset, because she doesn't like hearing that she is wrong. My personal opinion, dear old grandma doesn't want dear granddaughter to have a boyfriend. She doesn't want anyone, except repair people, coming into her condo that she doesn't know.

So, with that being said, all conversation stopped. BTW, SIL also gets upset when we are watching a rodeo and, if/when she calls (and I have my phone on vibrate/mute) or texts us, I will text her back and tell her we are watching a rodeo. She's not a rodeo fan at all.

So, sorry to say this, BUT, the drama goes on! LOL

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody, my womanly intuition tells me that you are not averse to a little drama to add interest to what could otherwise be a humdrum life. Might even stir the pot a little. smiley poke.gif

M I rite? :)

Faye Fox and Mary Stetler like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well..........absolutely not!! LOL Anyway, I was kidding about the "drama" word.

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

There is nothing more shameful and sad than the manipulation of family members after a death.
    An acquaintance of mine lost her husband recently. Because of a previous marriage alimony, and the fact that she is only 60, she got little support from him and has to wait for SS. This woman has major health problems and works in a nursing home as a hair stylist part time. She had $6000 stuffed in her mattress for emergencies and the families talked her into a funeral and sit down dinner after cremation because his family was from out of town.
    Left her with nothing. She can't pay her electric bill!
    Now our electric company has contingency plans but this woman is beside herself. Very long drawn out story, also family related: hers.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

:mad:

Faye Fox likes this.
  6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

She was foolish to let family talk her into an expensive funeral. I would have given the guy the cheapest funeral possible and if the family wanted more, then let them pay. I would have never let anyone know I had the $6k and demanded a paupers funeral. A similar thing happened to one of my friend's sisters after her deadbeat husband died. His family of welfare losers demanded she put on a funeral with a big dinner afterward. She did and ended up broke and in low-income housing and recently died a pauper and no one put on a funeral for her.

7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

:(