Medication Hesitancy - Responsibility

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I don't know why. Interesting.... If I can find the study, I will post it. It shouldn't matter as long as you don't mix them, sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening before bed. Never vary the time, especially prior to being checked.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I was taking 200 mcg, I thought it might make sense to take 100 mcg in the morning and 100 mcg at night to spread it out over the day, but he said I should take it all at one time in the morning.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Yeh, I've seen stuff in there that makes no sense that I've tried to clean up. I honestly think that there's some passive-aggressive behaviour going on with some of the staff in these places. I was having gastric issues after the barium CT scan for my diverticulitis and I called my doctor's office to see what would be best to take. I told the guy on the phone 3 times "Please make sure he knows this is caused by the diverticulitis/barium and NOT by the antibiotics. I don't want my record to show that I have a reaction to meds that I don't have." I looked at my records a few weeks later, and the note to the doctor said "Gastric distress caused by the antibiotics."

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The notion that all medications (and vaccines) are bad is ridiculous.
    BUT I don't robotically take all medications a doctor tells me to take. I also don't take all tests & procedures a doctor tells me to have.

5. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Dealing with OA and other joint damage, I've looked at Celebrex and the list of possible side effects, keeps me from trying it, and the cost it pretty high, but even if cheaper I can't do the leap to it.

Back in the 80's I ended up in the ER and it was from a similar drug before the Celebrex and Voix were produced..... That was a Wake Up ER trip.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  6. John Brunner

I resist taking meds, but will gladly take any test that is offered. More data is always better.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. John Brunner

One recent trend (at least with Walmart) is that you no longer get an insert with prescriptions. You gotta look things up online. They do make you have a brief talk with a pharmacist when you get a new script filled, but I really miss the inserts. One would think there's liability attached to not providing the info, especially in a rural area where many folks have never been online.

I have a spreadsheet where I update all of the possible interactions my supplements might have with each other and with drugs (reactions are mostly a reduction in effectiveness), and I also keep a similar list for pain relievers and common antacids.

I take a statin and a maintenance bladder antibiotic, but I've sometimes been prescribed antibiotics for UTIs and for diverticulitis, so it's good to keep track of what supplement I should temporarily yank from my regime without having to research them all each time.

Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.
  8. Joy Martin

Registered

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Meloxicam is said to be the high-powered NSAID with the fewest side effects, but they all have some so you choose the pain or the relief with risks.

10. John Brunner

I tried D-Mannose and cranberry juice (and cranberry supplements) for a while and it didn't seem to make a difference. I have a cath going through my belly into my bladder, and every 3 days I instill an antibiotic solution. So far (5 months) so good.

My penchant for stocking ahead bit me on this one, because I have close to a year's worth of D-Mannose and don't know what to do with it. I hate to throw it out. But it's not exactly a subject you raise with strangers.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Joy Martin

Registered

John: The UT Answer is a 3 Day Regime and highly concentrated ingredients....

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

I've not seen many products that tout themselves as "cures." Most shy away from that and only lean to the "preventative" side.

13. Joy Martin

Registered

I never mention "cure", even my taking Grape Seed Extract for about 28 yrs now, pretty much non stop, rarely miss a day, even got bottles in my purse while in hospital and rehabs for joint issues, Grape Seed Ex has far exceeded all expections and there could be more come. And could be that taking it has kept me UTI free....not anywhere near the reason I started with Grape Seed but found over the years so many issues they have addressed. The reason first and foremost I started on t hem was: They many prevent cancers"

John Brunner likes this.