Meet Another Of My Assisted Living Friends

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Lon Tanner, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Lon Tanner What is the ratio of male to female residents? It seems you are surrounded by babes regardless of where you are in your establishment. I hope you are doing your exercises and getting in shape for this 100th birthday bash. Evelyn looks like she can still cut a little rug.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I guess the ratio is four females for every male. Walking with my walker and getting in and out of chairs is my main exercise.

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Good for her glad she is ok.

Faye Fox likes this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Registered

Evelyn (center) is 99 and Onedra (left) is 96. They are enjoying their Sunday morning breakfast as am I. Both of these ladies are always impeccably attired and get around with out a walker or wheel chair. Both are widows that lived here at Oakmont with their husbands until they died. As I have previously posted, Evelyn will be 100 years old October 14, 2021. Onedra & Evelyn.jpg

Faye Fox likes this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Inspiring and heartwarming! I hope to be like these ladies when in my 90s. I hope to reach 100, but it doesn't matter if I make 101.

Marie Mallery and Lon Tanner like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope that if I'm ever in assisted living I won't have to be photographed while I try to eat breakfast.

7. Lon Tanner

Registered

Neither lady objects to being photographed, in fact, they like it.

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The paparazzi are everywhere Beth! I don't worry about getting photographed at breakfast because all I have to do is pop out my dentures and the room will clear. My photo gets deleted pronto.

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I just can't stand the intrusion into privacy. Just my own thing, but I find it distasteful. (I'd be flipping the bird and telling people where to place their camera.) I need to stop opening these threads; it's just another annoyance I don't need.

10. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

If you did this in NJ, you'd be in a court of law unless those ladies signed a waiver first.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, today some of the old "privacy" stuff is...........right out the door! I've never had a problem with someone taking my photo, especially (note the word "especially" LOL) when I'm wearing my cowboy gear. Wife loves having her pic taken with professional cowboys and cowgirls.

Marie Mallery and Nancy Hart like this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m with ya on that one Beth. I’m not camera shy, I simply do not like cameras unless I’m the one looking through the lens. Period. Even if I’m taking a picture it will be of things and to take one of a person would be an extreme rarity.

And for someone to take one whilst I am eating and maybe having a private conversation? Do ya want a fork through your shutter finger?

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

I visited lots of vets coming back from Nam at VA in Decatur Ga. in the early 70s.Seen some thing you can't unsee. Bless their hearts and hope they healed.

Wonder if he ever flew in a plane,I know lots of sailors never were on a ship. My son was never off the ship Gulf War ,so never know.

John Brunner likes this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When my older brother passed away and was buried at Arlington National Cemetery, I learned that the markers carry the war that we were engaged in when those soldiers served, even though they may never have been deployed. He was in The Army Band his entire career, and his marker has "Vietnam" on it. I don't know if this is customary or if they just made a mistake on his.

Lois Winters and Marie Mallery like this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

IMO it doesn't matter where you show up log as you do. Our vets got a bad deal when they first came back, but then so did WW1 vets even their own turned on them aka Bonus Army vets.Gen.Patten included,