Moving Problems?

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

And yet no one gives a rats ass but you... geez knock it off. Sin is eveyrwhere.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Guess you're not a Christian or read the Bible. We are/do both. Then again, there are very open-minded Christians that read the Bible, but have their own feelings about what it says, not what it does say.

Just remember, Hedi, there are those that don't want to be around smokers, drug users, people that use foul language.........and the list goes on. We all have choices on where to live and who to associate with. All of us!

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

You absolutely have choices. How often you have reminded us.

horse3.gif

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, wife and I will continue to remind everyone, especially those that like criticizing us for our choices! Apparently, you have never been criticized for a choice you've made??

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Actually, I don't need other's people's approval for my life choices. I have enough self-confidence to make my own decisions without boring other people to tears. So criticize away; I really don't give a rat's behind.

Faye Fox, Hedi Mitchell and Mary Robi like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, guess I'm not tough enough nor do I, or my wife, have enough confidence.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yet, it's unreasonable to expect people who are not Christians to act like Christians. Even Christians disagree about a lot of that stuff. Given free will, they have every right to be who they are, whether we like who they are or not.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I don’t think that anyone is criticizing you for where you want to move to, or do not want to move to, @Cody Fousnaugh . The idea that you will find even a small town where there are absolutely NO gay-type of people (let alone no tattoos ) nowadays is pretty unlikely. And even if you do find that special place, it is apt to change, just like Colorado did between the time you first lived there and now.

I live in a mid-sized city/town and I am sure that we have our share of the LGBTQ people here, but it just does not affect my life in the least. If they have a parade, I don’t know because I don’t go to it.
    There are all kinds of things listed in the Bible as sins; but they are for us to follow in our own lives because we can’t make other people change or stop sinning just because it is a sin we don’t approve of.
    I would be more concerned about the crimes/sins of stealing and murdering people in a place that I was moving to, then whether they are gay or not; but that is just me.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

[​IMG]

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I don't mean to be argumentative or anything but don't you criticize others for the choices they make?

I think that much of what you consider criticism is simply another opinion. We talk about stuff here, so if you say that you like dogs, I might reply that cats are better, but that's not being critical of dog owners. As long as everyone is willing to allow others to hold their own opinions, a multitude of opinions can coexist.

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Dude, there are so many sins listed in the Bible. They are there for you to govern your behaviour by. There is no place on Earth you could live where there are no liars, thieves, prideful people, covetous people, angry people, etc etc etc. You don't get to pick the one that personally offends you the most.

You will always be associating with sinners no matter where you go. The Bible tells us to be in this world but not of it. Jesus walked among the sinners...that is where he was needed. That is where all Christians are needed. My goodness, you are not "associating with" every single person who lives in the same man-created geopolitical boundaries as you.

You are making life way too hard. Do you have a pastor you could talk to about this? If not, go find one to have a chat with. You are not looking at this from a Biblical perspective. I think it will take a lot of self-imposed stress off of you.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Done .. moving onward now

Faye Fox likes this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, first we definitely don't need a Pastor! We know what we want and, with the help of God, will get at least part of it. We prayed that he would guide us to a better place, but then let us know, thru the App that the city we were interested in wasn't for us. Prayers can be answered in mysterious ways, and this time an App answered for us.

Unfortunately, arguments can start easily, almost too easily, on any forum. Just ask myself and Faye about our arguments on this forum and another we are both on.

For many people, decision making can be very hard to do. There are just so many decisions in life to either say "yes" or "no" to.

There are many very tough-minded people out there and wife and I can be that exact way when people criticize about rodeo. Since being a part of this forum, I've read some members replies that seemed like the person was made of steel. "Nobody is going to bend me or anything!" When there are those that don't want to understand, then the "hard as nails" personality can come out. I've been there, done that..............but not liking it.

Then, there are those members, in this forum and others, that are very understandable towards a person's problems. Two people I can think of is Yvonne and my wife. Both are very, very compassionate and understanding! Wish more people were like both of them. But, then again, this forum isn't full of farmers/ranchers or rodeo family, so I can't expect anything else.

So, bottom line here is, if we don't like living/associating with, certain types of people, that is our choice. In another forum I was criticized for us not wanting any smokers as friends, until someone stepped up and said "if they don't want to be, that's their choice. Leave them alone about it!" But, unfortunately, some people simply can't leave others alone about what they don't like.

14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Well now that you got that off your chest, hows the moving situation going?

15. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

When I first saw the title of this thread--given our demographic--I thought it was going to be about constipation.
    I was not far off.