Moving Problems?

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, I started this thread, yet nobody is replying to my last posts?? Our move is important also, but at least we aren't, and don't have to, move in the middle of the winter.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I hate moves. While I enjoy beginning in a new place sometimes, the move itself is altogether too stressful and busy.

Hedi Mitchell and Mary Stetler like this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

There are deep scratches in the wood of our old house where Dave had to drag me out to get me into a new house.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

That never/ever happened to either of us. The times we've moved, we were both completely ready for the move, just like we are for our upcoming move.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi to all. Won't have actual internet for few more days. The movers were excellent. Mark drove thru some really raunchy weather, as in out in BFE.. pitch dark, tornado in area...anyway was intense but we made it. Exhausted and will take weeks to get normal. I will give better account of this journey to OZ land once we get service. Hope you all are well..be back asap.:)

6. Mary Stetler

Registered

At least you get to get back to normal. What about the rest of us?:rolleyes:

Shirley Martin and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Finally have internet. Finally have washer and dryer connected. Very cold and te high for one day is like -4. Lovely. The house is very drifty in many places. We were suppose to hang plastic on windows today before the big Freeze hits, so far that has not happened. I had to go to ER two days after we arrived, due to right leg was swollen more than ever. Also painful to walk, but no signs of blood clot, doctor said. This morning discovered the truck has a leak, will cost $330 to repair.
    Aside from me hobbling around all is fairly well. I am just shoving things wherever as too tired to do much else. We did get a Christmas tree up, Mark really wanted one. It looks pathetic but its up. Will tell more later when we are settled better. Hidy do to you all!

8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Wow. Merry Christmas!! What an ordeal.

I had an old house where I put up that plastic. I used the stuff you put up with double-sided tape and then hit with a hair dryer so it shrinks and pulls tight. It worked pretty well.

I'm not gonna comment on a high temperature having a minus sign in front of it. We adapt.

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Glad that you are making progress, @Hedi Mitchell ! Those below zero temps are not fun, and it looks like most of the US is going to be seeing some lower than normal temperatures just in time for Christmas.
    At least you are done with the traveling part of moving, and that is good with this bad weather about to be coming in everywhere.

When I lived in Idaho, we always put plastic over the outside of the windows ever year, too. After it snowed enough, we went outside and banked the bottom of the house in snow at least 2-3 feet deep, and that helped keep it warmer underneath the house.
    When I was growing up, the inside of the windows were always frosted over in the morning , and I am glad to not be living in that much cold anymore.

Have a blessed Christmas ! Glad you managed the tree !
    Come see us all when you can, but take time for some breaks and good rest, and hope your leg gets better.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yvonne, we bought window plastic at Lowe's, have two pieces covering our bedroom window (from the inside) and cold air still gets in. And, currently, that's why we have to have our thermostat set at 79 each night. Believe me, we are NOT going to miss the cold/snowy winters of Colorado after this winter.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

It's very hard to find a Marine Service that will work on a 1992 boat. But, wherever we move to, and take our boat, we have to have a Marine Service that will work on it, if needed. And, yes, my wife says "we are taking our boat". Anyway, got lucky and found a Service in Las Vegas that will. All we have to do now is find a transport for it and storage for the transport to put in it.

12. Mary Stetler

Registered

Glad to 'see ya'. Maybe you could watch a Charlie Brown Christmas to go with your tree. It will get better eventually.
    Hugs.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  13. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Just take it easy, Mary. All that stuff will eventually get done, but you have to take care of that leg!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Lake Havasu is only a couple of hours from downtown Vegas...less than that if you live in the southern burbs. I hear the fishing is pretty good in the spring.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

-3 wind chill -27...geez. only a dust of snow so far thank goodness. Missing whole rack of clothing,, no clue where that is. I could try and get much done today, but Radar had me up at 3:30 crying so, may not get much done . I work better when the sun is out at least . Least we be warm and have internet, and blankets to throw on us. Catch you later.