Music Streaming Good The Bad And The Ugly

Discussion in 'Music' started by Thomas Stillhere, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I cut loose spotify after using their service for about 7 years. It wasn't because the service was poor but because they decided to turn political and push that BLM crap onto my paid service and millions of others. I was so mad when they ran a big old advertisement showing that bunch of thieves. I canceled and tried several others but found nothing I liked. I recently started using youtube because in truth they have the largest library of music of any streaming services. Only problem with youtube it is a terrible terrible interface that finally made me close the account this evening. I tried deezer and never even got an artist of my choice after wasting 30 minutes of my time. Next I tried Tidal and I like the interface much better and it is very similar to spotify with the listings like playlist and albums on the right side , same style of selecting and moving things as spotify. I will use the 30 day freebie then subscribe. I tried Pandora but really did not like the interface again. The interface is the main importance because they all have huge libraries. I am particularly displeased with youtube not having an interface that you could look at without getting dizzy. I haven't tried sharing anything from Tidal yet but will soon if it is possible using the free tier.

John Brunner likes this.
  2. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

i use utube music too