My Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Hedi Mitchell, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow so much has happened since this time last year to us all !
    Saw my Rhummy doctor today. Taken me off one once a month pill and cut dosage on another drug. Yea!! Weaning me off slowly and since no longer on Presidone will not need these drugs for much longer.
    I was so miserable this time last year not knowing what I had was the main thing. But between drugs, prayers and all of you who listened and showed much concern for me - I am almost completely heales up.
    So thank you all so much :):D

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So happy to hear this, Gloria.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

So happy for you Gloria and thanking and praising God that you are doing so much better. image-16.png

Jim Brown and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

This is not a whine, though it may seem like it. My EF is all but gone for now, but different types of arthritis seem to be consuming me. Knees have really gotten bad last few months, to the point i am back on the cane. My legs are very weak, so need some stability. Suppose to have X rays done on knees . Trying to find place insurance will accept etc. In the meantime, heating pad usage helps ,and only take Aleve when it gets to be too much to handle.
    Hot showers help also. i do not understand why this is even happening since I am still on Methotrexate, which helps with arthritic pain. Methotrexate, is used to wean you off of other drugs, and that happened months go. Plus my dosage of Methotrexate, has gone from 8 to 3 once a week.
    I still will take this year over last year! I would rather continue with intense pain versus having to go through dementia like my younger brother.
    Call me dumb, but have ordered a mini trampoline , in hopes of getting some better mobility with its use. I have read about all the foods to eat and avoid , but I already eat those - but have not cut out all the bad ones. Smh , why is it the very things you really like, are the very things you should not eat ? I am not so certain it is all about foods. But some foods and other things must trigger the pain at times.
    Anyways truck'en on down the road , will see what happens when the trampoline arrives - provided i can get on the dang thing :D

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

So glad you are better and look forward to improving more. Getting off prescription drugs is an important step. Keep getting better. I have fought rheumatic problems all my life and now the doctors are less concerned because they are now age-appropriate hahaha!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

As a fellow Arthritis sufferer I empathize but don't think the trampoline will help you in any way.

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

It probably won't help with the arthritis, but if Gloria is able to do the slightest "bouncing" on the rebounder it will help her get a bit of exercise that is low impact.

8. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

prayers are being sent your way gloria---hope you are feeling better

9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Thank you Betty. I do well most days, just this arthritis gets in the way some times. ;)

10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Just a general update. The trampoline has definitely helped in mobility and pain. In the mean time , went to eye doctor and the cataracts are worse and glasses will not help much. She is sending me to opto dr. to get another opinion. Woo hoo, nothing like adding to the list of aliments :)
    Then come Monday will will have the tooth pulled that I having been waiting two years on. I am a big procrastinator when it come to dentistry. Expensive is one reason. However this has got to be done.
    In August will see the rheumatologist . Think he will be taking me off two more meds and that will make me happy. I will never be 100 percent, but I am 98 percent better than this time last year. ASide from achy pains here and there am doing purdy good :D

11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

In three weeks I will be taking 2 less meds. Yea ! Once I rid myself of these 2 - will have gone from 11 to 4 meds plus an inhaler type med :p

12. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

That's good

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

If todays blood work comes back clear, and sure, it will my eosinophilic fasciitis is considered in remission and do not need to see rummy doctor again unless something comes up . Yea!
    Whew has been heck of time time to get rid of this, but have excellent doctor. Have gone from 11 medicines down to 4 or five. I feel very blessed indeed.
    My heart doctor is retiring in November (he was a replacement for the other one who retired)but he has recommended another on in same building who he says handles her patients like he does. So, except for the blockages all over my body - I be doing good:D
    I wish and hope and pray that you all will get some good medical news soon. :)
    Thank you all for your prayers and support in the past.

14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Good news compared to the first post, glad your still doing well.

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Hoping for good news with the blood work, Gloria. So happy that you are feeling better.