My Grocery Deals , Shopping Website, Is Awesome!

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Yvonne Smith, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Today, I was reading about a shopping website, and it looks like a great way to find sales of food you are shopping for.
    Not sure if it works anywhere besides in the United States, but you can check it out and see.

How it works, you sign up (free) put in the information about where you live and pick your favorite grocery stores, and it finds ones closest to your zip code.
    If you want to search for a certain food item (say coffee), then you type that into the search area, and it finds all of the coffee sales at your favorite stores.
    If you are not happy with the results, or just want to check out other stores, then you can choose, check all stores, and it tells you the best coffee sales from all of the stores in your area (not just your zip code). Mine showed all of Huntsville area, but it shows the closest ones first.
    I definitely recommend checking this website out ! !

https://www.mygrocerydeals.com/

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

as I suspected YVonne..I get...:(
    Sorry!
    Unfortunately, this site is not available in your area. We presently only offer deals for the United States.

3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Maybe do a google search for related words and see if there is a version of it specific to the UK.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

I have been looking on the website for sales on things that we usually buy, and look for on sale, and I found that when I selected “all stores” instead of just the ones closes to me where I usually shop, I get a lot better results.
    Then, it is a matter of deciding if we want to drive further for the sale item, which depends on if it is something we can buy in a larger quantity and store some, or will use it up fast enough before it spoils if it is a fresh food.
    It is interesting the difference in price for the very same food item, from store to store.
    I think that I am going to really like this website, and will use it a lot to see what is on sale what we need.

5. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

For one person, I don't buy enough to worry with a sale, but just sent the link to my daughter. She will be ecstatic!! Thanks for sharing it!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Julia Curtis

Julia Curtis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yvonne I did try to check that out but it looks like it's discontinued.

7. Yvonne Smith

If you look at the date of my post, it was over five years ago, @Julia Curtis . However, it apparently just recently stopped running the site, because i have had a link to it on my iPad and used it as late as this summer.
    Apparently, it doesn’t function outside of the United States, since that is what Holly Saunders reported that it said back in 2019 when she tried to use the site; so even if it was still active, it would not work for someone in another country, like you, in Canada.

8. Julia Curtis

Julia Curtis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My mistake Yvonne.I'm sorry about that,I'll try to keep an eye on dates.:rolleyes:

Yvonne Smith likes this.