My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

New sneakers.

shoe.png

John West and John Brunner like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Ralf Mannheim

Ralf Mannheim Well-Known Member
    Registered

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I scratched up my clip-on sunglasses so ordered a new pair:
    [​IMG]

The place I usually buy this stuff merged with another company, but the prices, selection and service seem to be just as good. They have a wide selection of sunglasses and clip-ons for about any type of eyeglasses.

This size & style were being discontinued (I guess not many people buy non-polarized lenses) and were marked down, so I bought two pairs.

Sunglass Rage

Mary Stetler likes this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have an old pair that I love. They zip up the front. For a long time I have left the zippers open so I can slip them on and off, standing. Don't leave zippers open in a long grass pasture! The slip off by themselves but not back on! I hear that there are new sneakers that are made to just slip off and on. Probably cost more than these but might look into them. You need to step on the back to slip them off. Not snag them.o_O

Ken Anderson and Nancy Hart like this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I bought a pair that had Velcro straps once. When we had the goats. They were great until you had to put out straw or hay. The Velcro would get completely clogged.

Can't believe the new slip-ons on TV, with laces, would work. I'd think you would walk out of them all the time, if they were loose enough to step into. Will wait for reviews.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  7. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I ordered a new drone online. After several instances of losing connection with the old one and almost losing it, I ordered the updated model, shown below.

[​IMG]

The major change is to the body of the drone, which now has fold out antennae. This change effectively doubles the range out to about 6 kilometers (i.e. 3.7 miles). Being the same size as the old one, it fits nicely into the motorcycle's backpack.

8. Ken Anderson

9. Mary Stetler

Registered

Are you going to do that (picture) with your trampoline?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Registered

https://www.amazon.com/SMOOL-Vibration-Plate-Exercise-Machine/dp/B098X598R8/ref=sr_1_33?crid=XWFOWHRFS0PD&keywords=vibrational+plate+exercise+machine&qid=1658623958&sprefix=vibrational+pla,aps,163&sr=8-33#customerReviews
    I bought a vibration plate as it was recommended to me to help rebuild bone. I am a little nervous on it but I keep telling myself if I keep both feet down, I won't fall. The problem was that they did not include the remote and I can't step up while it is moving. so I have to bend over and practically stand on my head to get it set and going. I called to ask for a remote. They said they could not send one. I should send it back and they will send out a new plate. I said it was way too heavy for me to do that,(I can lift most anything but then I can't walk with whatever.) I would just keep it. They gave me a refund anyway:)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    John Brunner likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

I'm sure I can do better than that.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I read that those vibration plates help people with lymphedema; supposedly they help with circulation both venous and lymphatic. So I saw this one on clearance at QVC and ordered it. So far I can't tell if it's doing anything other than rattling my teeth but it's easy to do. This model came with a removable seat but I don't use it. https://www.qvc.com/FITNATION-Rock-...d-Seat.product.F14219.html?sc=PRODFEED&TZ=EST

13. John Brunner

We're all behind you...where it's safe ;)

14. John Brunner

I don't understand. Is there a model without the remote, or did they just screw up and insist on a complete unit replacement? That's horrible customer service. It sounds like you need a stick to turn it on & off with while standing on the thing.

15. Mary Stetler

Registered

They screwed up and the remote was not included. But they let me keep it AND gave me my money back. I could have re-ordered but I don't need two heavy things in my room.
    I can set it and start it while standing on it. But I can't squat. Thus the head stand to get it going. Everyone should have a cane to help them right themselves:)
    I look like those garden cut outs of the ladies' rears. Supposedly the ladies are bending over in their gardens. I do that too. but I don't wear a polka dot skirt.