My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes that’s fine but I have to pay for the return postage @Von Jones already priced it $17. 95 with box

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    Von Jones and John Brunner like this.
  2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I know it's costly but I would just to get my refund for something that doesn't work and I would leave a negative review for the product.

Bobby Cole and Kate Ellery like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Why do you have to pay postage, Kate? If I return something to Amazon that is not as described (like the plug adapter), they send me a prepaid label to return it. Something doesn't sound right there. Are you dealing with Amazon or one of the "marketplace" sellers?

4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

They have very poor feedback @Beth Gallagher so I left another one for them ….about 70% :eek:for just a few reviews
    I normally won’t of don’t buy from sellers with poor feedback, I guess I was being lazy that day .

They have refunded me just this morning after a refused to send it back at my expense

Very unusual for “ bad sellers” on Amazon I’ve never had a issue before

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Baking spatulas, extra cleaning pads for my new mop, and Zyrtec for the Mr.

6. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I finally got my amazon account straight again because I haven't had much luck with newegg on return items. I am still waiting for shipping info on the bad processor I mailed back the 14th of this month. It got there after a weekend and finally showed as being received on the 21st. I still haven't received any word on the shipping or when to expect the replacement. They screwed up the original replacement order because they have the RAM I purchased on the same invoice and it had to be voided because it isn't the RAM that is bad or returned. I am really getting disappointed using newegg due to the constant bad items and these are brand new and not cheap items.

This morning I used Amazon again for the first time in two years or almost 2 years because they had the video card I need to replacement the new one that died in this machine I am still repairing. I can only assume that card was damaged by the problems the bad motherboard cpu socket caused. It had already destroyed all my USB devices I plugged in. It did not damage the power supply because I checked it and it does run like it should. I found myself with two supplies since I ordered a new one just in case the newest motherboard was also dead and it wasn't. So for what ever reason that totally new video card that had such limited use on it was dead, and that did not help in my diagnosis for what was wrong with the new things I had replaced.

I had paid about 246 dollars for that video card because I was buying 3 identical cards, 2 for two new all AMD computers and this one that is now working again but without the processor I am waiting for. I hated that the new video card died such an unnecessary death. So to get on with it, I ordered it's replacement this morning from amazon and it was only 115 new in the box from AMD not another private vendor.

I would change back to NVIDIA if I could afford it but I can't so I will stick with what I have now from AMD. I tried at least 4 times to get my amazon account working again but only managed to do it this morning because it was sending an acceptance code to my my phone and I was never ever to use that procedure until this morning simply because I don't use this flip phone to do things like that, I can't see my hand in front of my face much less that tiny screen on the cell phone. I managed to bring the pointer down to the code sent and ticked it and my account came on straight away. The marvels of science.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have never gotten amazon prime no matter how they package it or try to trick me into buying it or shipping. I bundle everything to make purchases $25 or more. I have changed my default cc back to my credit union because chase was not posting bill payment in a timely manner so I had to pay interest and fees.
    Last week when I went to check out, after rejecting prime AGAIN. the page came up as 'page cannot be found'. I tried a couple more times and then typed into the site address space--walmart.com-- and went there. The prices were better their although not necessarily the quality.
    But, Next time on amazon, the sale went smoothly.

Krystal Shay and Beth Gallagher like this.
  9. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We have almost weekly orders arriving from on line purchases. I think about 90% of it, by cost, is cat food from chewy.com. Decent kitty food has really gotten expensive. Chewy had some amazing special a few weeks ago on one of the Weruva foods we get and my wife bought 3 cases of it.

Krystal Shay and Ken Anderson like this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Registered

Here, at aldis, we can get a normal sized can of tuna or skip jack for less than a little can of Fancy Feast or other gourmet cat food.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We’ve been talking about that. No seafood in our house though because of wife’s allergies. We also try to feed the kitties low salt content and a lot of human stuff has added salt. Do you supplement that food with organ meats or give them other complete foods in addition? Honestly, I think we fret over our kitties’ food more than our own.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I ordered this little plant stand and put it together this morning.

IMG_2307.jpg

13. Mary Stetler

Registered

My cat TELLS me what he doesn't want.:confused:

Krystal Shay and Faye Fox like this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Vintage USA made jackets and jeans. Just got these 1980 cowboy cut Wranglers with the big W back pockets. I have several USA made vintage Wranglers, but they are all bareback. Also three nice vintage Columbia jackets made in Portland USA in the 70s-90s. I am becoming Poshmark poor but I get great clothes and help out small business entrepreneurs. All but my shirts and tops are USA made. So far only one turtleneck top fit and looks great. All my shoes socks, and underwear are USA made but bought new and twice the price of Asian made, but well worth it. It looks as if any USA made tops will be new and spendy but worth it to help keep these businesses going.

168107117395216414.jpg

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's the proper way.