My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Andrea Lindsey

Andrea Lindsey Well-Known Member
    Registered

We know someone who is interested in the Barbra Streisand memoir, but didn't fancy reading 900 pages of small print. So he thought he'd like to have the audio book to listen to when he drives.

I went to Amazon and bought that for him for Christmas...I thought. After I paid, it started streaming to my computer and I realized I had bought the audio, not the audio book.

So don't be dumb like me and end up with hours and hours of something you're not interested in.

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Andrea, you can probably do a return on it. I have returned ebooks to Amazon so the audio can probably be returned as well... but it has to be done in a relatively short time.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Andrea Lindsey

Andrea Lindsey Well-Known Member
    Registered

Oh thanks Beth I hadn't thought of that!

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you can't return it and the guy had a modern·ish vehicle, you might be able to copy it to a USB stick so he can play it in his car. I don't know what functionality might be lost (like bookmarking where you left off, etc.)

That's a pain in the butt. I've almost done something similar...there are so many options these days when you buy stuff.

Andrea Lindsey likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe those audio book files may be encrypted, so you could copy but not play them. Never tried it so I can't say for certain.

Andrea Lindsey and John Brunner like this.
  6. John Brunner

That would make sense.

Andrea Lindsey likes this.
  7. John Brunner

Since my truck seems to be fixed, I ordered some parts from Rock Auto last week: door switch, plugs and coils. I installed the door switch and was going to install the plugs & coils today, and I realized that I'll need to replace the 19 year old PCV hose when I do this. There are none available locally. I also got to thinking about the other things that should have been done at 100,000 miles and that I'll be able to access when I do the plugs & coils.

So I ordered a set of oxygen sensors, a PCV hose, a MAF sensor, an air filter, and a few different styles of O2 sensor wrenches. I may as well do it all while the thing's apart. And these should all help my mileage and performance.

Von Jones and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Update:
    Well, it looks like I will be getting my TV delivered this coming Monday December 18th, I place the order 11/17, The t v was lost by the trucker it took a month of back and forth between me and BJ's To get it straightened out. Hopefully we'll come without damage, I can't wait to try it out.

9. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I ordered a new boning knife and kitchen shears.

10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I just ordered 38 CDs from Oldies, they were running that 99 cent special again. Some Artist I've never heard of but I like the songs so I'll chance it for 99c.
    I got a few Christmas CDs, Some classical, Some mixed artist, jazz and country.
    I've been researching for two stereos one for my bedroom one for the living room. Right now I only have a boombox to play my music.
    Hopefully they'll be a future purchase.

11. Jan Ahlmann

Jan Ahlmann Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was rummaging around in the $5 DVD bin at WalMart Friday and found Rear Window! SCORE! There were a lot of them. Kids nowadays don’t know what they’re missing!

12. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Socks and undies for him..waiting on a fitted table cloth,a stew pot and gun cleaning kit. My hubby requested the kit as his Cmas . Why ? You have not used these guns in 40 years literally. Some bull about a shooting range close by. Sigh,another closet ornament. ;)

14. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

The cat cage arrived FedEx at 5:30 pm Saturday. The two boxes together weigh just over 120 pounds.:eek: Nothing missing. Looks new, not a recycled return. One split board, damaged before shipping. It can be glued back together easily with a clamp.

[​IMG]

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

@Hedi Mitchell, absolutely love your short sentence in highlighted in red above! But, very, very true for many.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.