My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh, there's something worse. A buzzkill person who feels compelled to "explain" a joke to everyone. :rolleyes: :side-eye: I had a coworker who excelled at this. :D

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    Faye Fox and John Brunner like this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I just bought two pairs of vintage very high waist Lawman jeans on Poshmark. I was sad when this company went out of business. Lawman made the toughest jeans ever for working women. They were designed for riding. This was before the thin stretch jeans became popular and a heavy denim low waist nonstretch jean pinched into your low back and abdomen in a riding position. I don't plan on doing any riding due to my balance nerve loss, but for things like weed eating that require a tough jean, these will make such work a bit more enjoyable. I may look silly at my age in these vintage 1980-90 riding jeans, but I will feel great and that is what counts.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I doubt you'll look silly in them, Faye. You're lucky to still have a waist at our age. :D I think the 80's were my favorite decade for fashion; I absolutely LOVED the big shoulder pads and 'oversized' clothes. (When I watch a movie like Fatal Attraction I get nostalgic.) I even had a pair of those "paper bag waist" jeans that made me look 10 pounds heavier, but I was very small back then and didn't care. Ah, memories.

John Brunner and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah, girl, those were the days! Well, I have a waist, but hard to tell with my fading hips hahaha! I loved those 80s fashions. The paper bag waist jeans, yes I had a pair also in the super high waist style and the gatherings at the top came right under my rib cage. Visualize that if you haven't had your vomit for the day hahaha. Paper bag jean super shorty shorts, now that was a real Daisy Puke.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We've ordered so much online, including from Amazon, it's almost unbelievable to us. But, here is a few things: our iRobot Roomba e5, a name-brand vegi chopper/slicer, vinyl spray paint (to redo our boat seats).

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

lolo what I WAS going to order, I found at Walmart _shocked> me to... and much even cheaper , even before shipping. I do order Amazon regularly, but not today. Bought Jersey sheets.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Just received my Fire 10 HD tablet, keyboard, mouse and case. New toy to play with. :D

Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I'll hate myself for this, but I just ordered a 2 pak of Filipino Cane Vinegar:

[​IMG]

The Asian market I frequent told me that at one time they had a couple of bottles of this but no real demand. Whole Food was of no value. So I ordered from Walmart. The 2 pak was the smallest quantity I could buy either here or at Amazon. Or I could get it bundled with some soy sauce I'll never use.

I'm sure I'll use it for the recipe I've got (Filipino Shrimp & Veggie Fritters), not really have another use for it, and let it keep company with the sherry vinegar, Calabrian peppers and black vinegar that I've got. They can all grow old together. Or maybe this will start me on a Tour of the Foods of the Philippines...maybe.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Ken Anderson

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 4.40.19 PM.jpeg
    Trying to harvest my old compost pile, I am running into a lot of roots and obstruction in the bottom (oldest) layer, so I bought this, hoping that it will cut through some of the roots. In reality, I will probably have mostly hacked my way through it with the shovel I have by the time this one arrives, but I think this may come in handy on my camp land, anyhow. If nothing else, from the description, I can see that it's an award-winning spade, so I can always hang it on my wall and impress my friends.

Added on July 11 - This spade works very well, by the way. It drives through pretty much anything that my old compost pile had to offer it, including one-inch roots.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    John Brunner likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

13. Ken Anderson

I don't. I don't even know what it is.

14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Are you preparing to give classes or to start a discussion group?

15. Ken Anderson

Neither, although I have a personal interest, I mostly bought them for my job. I have to come up with descriptions for Faith & Religion categories for every village or city category that I do, and I am running out of ways to describe them. Since they all list churches and other places of worship, they're pretty much the same from one city to another, but my descriptions can't be the same, for SEO purposes. As an example, the last one that I wrote. Most of them are longer, but I'm running out of things to say and ways to say it.