My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I ordered this meat tenderizer gadget. Helpful when marinating tough cuts of meat.

upload_2022-5-2_19-55-56.png

John West and Marie Mallery like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We ordered dog supplies for the new dogs.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Air tag silicon holders , I ordered leather ones as well , but they are a bit bulky on our car remote key ring ( both only much cheaper eBay copies of apples products)
    The reason I got the air tags hubs lost his keys for our 2 year old car for 2 days while we were away from home and had a hard job finding them ..you’d never guess where they were ….in the bed we’d slept in for 2 days

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

We finally got the security cameras we ordered they are the cheap ones but have good reviews so hope they work. We also want to be able to see what these dogs do at night. They are really busy.

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

The Kitchenaid attachments arrived today. Packaging is marked "refurbished" but the packaging appears factory fresh and the attachments look new.

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Kate Ellery

Registered

I have a manual one similar to that I bought it off through the TV shop ( advertised on TV) it’s only the second thing I’ve ever bought something advertised on TV both times the items have been excellent quality
    The first was a NutriBullet in about 2008 it’s still going strong
    I find the grater good for shredding cheese which I store in-the freezer for use when I want it
    it’s good for grating zucchini when I make a chocolate zucchini cake …and most of all easy clean
    @Beth Gallagher

I had kenwood chief mixers ( with all the attachments) when the kids were young but I’ve downsized to a Aldi kitchen wiz with a
    4 cup size bowl, as well as a hand mixer for making cake ..also Aldi ..mind you I can’t bare to part with my very old 40+ year old sunbeam mixmaster just yet ..cause I use it to make a Christmas cake / pudding

638C841C-BF37-4849-B48A-8CDA74767DB9.jpeg

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

That's good to know, Kate. I think it will be convenient for grating cheese or making chopped cabbage for slaw, etc. I'm also curious to see how well the slicing blade works; I usually use a mandoline for slicing but if this works well it will be faster. I'm going to try it out tomorrow.

8. Kate Ellery

Registered

My manual one works well I’ve sliced cabbage / carrots / parsnips / zucchini’s and it’s still as sharp as the day I got it…and it’s not hard on the arms turning the handle .

I’ve seen copy cats in the cheap shop that’s called cheap as chips they are red …I wouldn’t buy them.
    It would be 5 years since I bought my manual shredder .

In my search I seen them here. … ….and on Amazon.
    https://klevarange.com.au/products/...d-shred-in-seconds-plus-2-free-garlic-rollers

@Beth Gallagher
    Scroll down page it gives you heaps of info

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I can't tell you how many things I've thought of putting those on. If I had kids, there would be one attached to them with a safety pin at all times.

10. Kate Ellery

Registered

It pays to do allot of online research ….I did Apple price $149 ( 4 pack) …Hervey Norman ( huge department / electronic stores) $90 for (4 pack)
    I bought the tags in store while in the city

I recently bought a Google home max hub …..still learning how to use it but so far I love it …
    just as an experiment
    I asked it to show me the ballroom dance scene ( only) from the Richard Gere movie “Shall we dance” it did exactly that spot on ….the GH has great stereo speakers so any music or speech is very clear.

Regarding buying the google hub …I found one online for $265 free post …so I sent myself a link so I was armed when I went into a couple of stores in city who stock what I was looking for ….the first store not only matched the price but gave me an extra 10% off brining it down to $251 . Most stores prices were starting at $299 ,that’s for the 10 inch version however google also have a 7inch for around the $120…$150
    @John Brunner

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    John Brunner likes this.
  11. John Brunner

Technology is amazing. And I love a bargain...getting a good deal makes everything more enjoyable.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  12. Kate Ellery

Registered

Yep,sure is, ….my Apple phone has saved me allot of leg work while in the city ( suburbs) it pays to have evidence of online prices , the phone makes it so easy to just send yourself a link or do a screen shot

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

I got semi-screwed on this. The blades (scarfiriers) on this are not the right ones for this unit...they are way too short. After finding the new draw pins that it needed and getting them installed, I finally got the thing hooked up to my tractor. The blades on these things have 3 positions. In their most retracted position, proper blades still dig in a few inches. The blades I got with this barely touch the ground in their most extended position...they are useless. I can buy replacement blades, but in today's world, what recently cost under $30 each are now $55 each...and I need 6 of them. The local Tractor Supply only had one. I don't know if the guy screwed me (I cannot imagine the motivation to swap out the blades) or if it was just an honest error. There was no easy way for me to tell when I looked at the thing, even if I knew what I was doing...the blades were not installed and there was no way to install them with the 600# beast flat on the ground and not on the tractor.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I see another one for sale that looks to be complete (an hour away) for less $150 more than buying the blades. I could buy it and hang on to this one until I come across replacement blades cheap, then sell one of them. Or I could buy the other one and sell this one now "As Is." Or I can just wait and see if I come across a set of blades somewhere cheap. Or I could bite the bullet, buy the new blades (if I can find 6 of them) and chalk it up to experience...it would still be cheaper than a new unit, but not much of a bargain given the cosmetic condition of the thing.

14. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't usually buy much on line but have been busy this past week. Bought a replacement touch screen for the navigation/etc system in my car (Cadillac calls it CUE). $55 total. Install took me a couple of hours because the entire unit has to come out of the dash. But if you take it to the dealer, they will replace that entire unit, not just the defective part, for a mere $1500 or so.

Also have on order a set of 4 planter stands for the patio, and 3 boxes of latex gloves for my SO.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered