My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If this is the pair I was thinking about it was a Japanese Man that paid thousands of dollars for the old Jeans. All sorts of gems are found in some of the very old mines. In the old Ghost Towns that were abandoned due to not having any drinking water when the Mine Co closed down and left, the first thing that real treasure hunters look for is old coins that were tossed up behind the bar cabinets.

https://long-john.nl/original-vintage-levis-501xx-miner-jeans-from-early-1900/

Faye Fox likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

i like cotton or least a blend with cotton.

Krystal Shay and Faye Fox like this.
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My favorite is 98% cotton and 2% spandex. I don't like the ones with a lot of poly. The ones I hate are the jeggings that are all synthetic. Years ago I was shopping with my fake nieces when they were teens and they tried to get me to try on some jeggings. I finally did and when I came out of the dressing room after reading the label of all the non-breathable synthetic fabric compositions and the skin-tight hide nothing fit, I said loudly, "These things are a yeast infection waiting to happen." Several nearby shoppers heard me and laughed while the fake nieces ducked behind a clothing rack. That was the last time they ever went shopping with me. Sometimes I am a personal embarrassment to myself. :rolleyes:

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I ordered a pair of small gold hoop earrings from one of the shopping channels. :cool: They are "out for delivery," so hopefully the half-wit postman won't put them in my neighbor's mailbox. Lately it's a real crap shoot with mail delivery; not sure what that's all about other than people just don't give a damn anymore.

5. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I can relate to that, last year I built two new expensive computers and everything came from Newegg and Amazon. Not once did I receive my packages and had to walk thru the neighborhood to find out where it was going to. In the end all my things had been delivered about 150 feet from my place and the guy that had all of it was in the process of moving out. I sat in my Truck and waited until someone showed up and luckily his sister pulled up and I told her my things were delivered there. She went inside and spent about 20 minutes and came out with the boxes which all had been opened. She said that he didn't know what it was. I ask her did he know his own last name. I feel sure that her brother had no plans to see I got it even if I lived so near. The next delivery came by UPS and he was still dropping things on that front porch, the street sign for my little street was right there on the corner in plain sight and the driver still could not comprehend he was delivering to the wrong person wrong street. I flagged him down and made sure he could read the street sign and I ask him what is so hard about reading that sign. He had no answer. I was lucky but only because I spent hours sitting outside in my Truck, otherwise all my stuff would have been lost. I'm sure I would have received full refund but it would have been much higher with cost climbing so much each month.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

do you mean leggings?

Faye Fox and Marie Mallery like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Me either Hedi but I get bored putting on the same old clothes, like the song says, " she may get weary, wearing that same old shabby dress", I bet Beth knows this old song.:D@Beth Gallagher

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

I wear leggings now and then, if the shirt is long enough.

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am so lucky to have the quality of delivery service in my area that I enjoy (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.) I think I got something meant for my neighbor once or twice in the past decade or so, and my stuff has always been where it needs to be.

Mary Stetler and Faye Fox like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Jeggings are leggings that are made to look like jeans material. :D

11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

oh my..never knew. I am not fashion savvy

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Try a Little Tenderness (Otis Redding). :p

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Just another gimmick, G. (For those who just can't get regular jeans tight enough, lol.)

Hedi Mitchell and Faye Fox like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Me too, occasionally in the wintertime. 9/10ths of the year I wear shorts.

Faye Fox and Marie Mallery like this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Correct for next 50 likes. :D I knew you'd know the song since we both seem to like the same kind of pop, blues and classic rock. I couldn't come up with the title,:confused: