My Stuff Is Just Stuff

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Bobby Cole, May 23, 2023.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I never wrote in a diary before. Logs yes, diary no.
    There’s only two things I really know about them is that they used to be popular with girls. Kinda like Slam books in High School I suppose except with Slam Books, they were only secret so far as boys were concerned.
    The other thing is that they’re supposed to start with “Dear Diary”. I don’t know why. The derned thing isn’t going to write back or at least, I wouldn’t think so.
    Okay….I’ll give it a try.

Dear Diary, (I put a comma after it just so my diary will know I’m friendly) waiting…waiting….waiting.
    Nope. Nada. Nothing. No answer.
    Just my wife sneezing in the background. Bless you dear. and again.

How bout, as the OP indicates, I just write stuff. Just stuff. I’ll start again.

Dear Diary,
    I’m not sure if it’s the Pit Bulls down the street that annoy me or the owners of said Pits. I think it’s the people who own them. They’re not paying attention to the fact that it is raining and the dogs are out in the open.
    Ah…they stopped barking…the dogs that is. It also stopped raining.

Was watching YouTube shorts this morning. Nothing new. Nothing that I haven’t seen before including the Karen shots. People yelling and screaming about this and that with threats that rarely amount to anything at all. Kinda like the dogs down the street. It’s just stuff except for the fact that the wet dogs look better than people who are doing all the screaming and threatening.
    Maybe they believe that their opinions are the impetus for some grand change. Maybe the earth will spin off its axis and be thrown into another dimension where no one has over 12 items in the express lane at the grocery.
    Dunno. Don’t really care. It’s just stuff.

Nothing much else going on today.
    We’re going to the gym and then to the Chiropractor for an adjustment.
    Maybe I’ll clean the pool later on or jump on the lawnmower and mow the small pasture a couple of doors down. The only reason I didn’t mow it yesterday is because I have to clean up the garbage people throw out the windows of their cars before I mow. I get lazy that way although I do despise cleaning up after other people.

So…….whaddya think diary? waiting…waiting.
    Nothing again.
    Like a mad wife…a lot of cold shoulder. Maybe diaries only answer girls.

Maybe the only thing about writing in a diary that a guy gets out of it is just a moment of written reflection.
    Like Edgar A.Poe writing “The Raven”.
    He was reflecting on a bird…..as I did some dogs. I guess his reflecting was better than my reflecting because after all, he got famous for it.
    I think he died broke though.
    I’m broke too. I wonder if that’s the thing that will make me famous. Again, I don’t care. It’s just stuff.

With all that, I will bid thee a Good Day to you diary.
    P.S. Don’t think me rude Diary but your very apparent lack of interest in our conversation is really starting to tick me off.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I misspelled "diary" once and a cow showed up at my door.

Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Did it at least talk to you? Offer up a cup of milk? Jersey, Holstein or just cow?

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It's okay to keep a diary if you call it a journal, you know.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Dear Diary,

I think Bobby Cole is on to something here with this new thread. So, Bobby, I will give it a try.

Dear Diary,
    I woke up three times last night needing to go. Managed to get back to sleep quickly, so my brain fog isn’t too bad this morning.

I’m having my coffee now, and should feel better soon. I’m still thinking about Mackenzie Scott and how incredible she has been by giving away more than 10 billion dollars to small unknown charities. I have long admired Bill Gates and Warren Buffet for their donations, but Mackenzie Scott is in a class of her own. She makes her intentions clear by saying, “I will continue to donate until the safe is empty!” Wow! It’s incredible to hear a billionaire say that because she is currently worth around 50 billion dollars!

Mackenzie is the kind of person I want to know more about. I will Google her to try to find out what is motivating her. Is it her religion? How she was raised? I have to know what is motivating her! She is a rare human being. On second thought, maybe not that rare. I’m sure there are many SOC members that would be like Mackenzie if they had billions of dollars to work with.

Well, today should be another fun day. I will break my overnight fast around 2:30 pm when I drink Dr. Hyman’s smoothie of Macadamia milk, goat whey, athletic greens, etc. It really tastes good. I feel younger with every gulp. I’m glad I found Dr Hyman’s book “Young Forever”. He gives me hope that my health will improve by following his advice on food, fasting, exercise, sleep, and purpose in life.

There is big news coming out of Hong Kong. On June 1, Hong Kong will allow retail trading of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Etherium, and hundreds of other alt-coins. This is the beginning of Hong Kong’s long-term plan to become the Asian Center of cryptocurrency trading. Apparently, mainland China is quietly supporting this move by Hong Kong. The opening up of new legal exchanges in a friendly Hong Kong environment may kick-start a new crypto bull market. Let’s hope so. It will allow retail trading by Chinese citizens, which has been forbidden by China up to now.

Well, Diary, the final bit of good news is that using a sauna three times a week for 30 minutes has reduced my blood pressure from more than 150-90 to about 130-75. I thought it might work, but this is much better than I expected. If Hyman’s “Young Forever” book works as well as he says, I just might start dating again.

Okay Diary, that’s it until next time.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. John Brunner

Moo!

And I assume it was a Jersey cow...had that Fran Drescher accent.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Uh….in a format such as this, do ya have to write, Dear Journal like doing the diary thing?
    It isn’t like I dislike diaries or anything like that but writing in a diary sort of sounds like I’m wearing knickers. Journal sounds a bit more masculine.

Ken Anderson and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

Dear Journal:

Why are you plugged? No oil can get through, and my engine locked up. You're giving me a seizure.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Now That’s what I’m talkin’ bout !

10. John Brunner

Dear Diarrhea:

Why did you run out on me?

11. John Brunner

Dear Dairy:

Did I lose ESG points by admitting I'm lactose intolerant?

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Refer to post #8.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Dear Mr. Diary,
    Did ya notice that I put your salutation into bold letters? Maybe to make you feel more important than you really are. I even called you Mr.
    You really aren’t you know; that important that is but I just thought I’d do something nice to begin the day and give ya some character.
    I could have written it in cursive but there’s no app for it here so you’ll just have to look bold and not pretty.
    After all, you’re not a girly boy’s diary so just deal with it.

To begin, it’s just the start of another day. The sun rose on time so there wasn’t anything that happened whilst I slept that could have hindered the solar system from doing what it has always done.
    Thankfully, the rising does give proof that the world doesn’t stop and start on the whims of world leaders or the latest trend, trans men.

Hey, did you know that Charles Darwin called his journal his “little Diary” and William Inge together with his diarist had one with 17 million words in it?
    An evolutionist and a creationist writing diaries. They were both eco destruction-ists. Darwin had massive amounts of sea turtles destroyed to feed his own belly and a diary with 17 million words in it had to have needed a lot of trees for that much paper.
    Bad Darwin. Bad Inge.

No, I didn’t mow that small pasture yesterday nor did we go to the gym. We did however go to get our backs cracked which felt pretty good and maybe Yvonnes back won’t spasm any more.
    I think we’ll do the gym thing today and if I feel like it, I’ll mow that doggone little piece of real estate. Maybe clean the pool too.
    Heavens, the morning hasn’t even really started up yet and I’m scheduling my work load.
    I haven’t even finished coffee yet and here I am thinking in terms of what I’m going to do this afternoon!!
    Next thing ya know I’ll be thinking of when I’m going to go to bed tonight. It’s, it’s….a travesty.
    I’m retired so thinking beyond 5 minutes from now isn’t really retired now is it?

Maybe you’re not really good for me Mr. Diary/Journal.
    I mean, when I works, I works hard
    when I plays I plays hard
    but when I thinks hard, I falls asleep and I’m starting to get tired.

I think that’s enough for today but that said, if anything earth shattering does occur, either SIRI or I will let ya know.
    SIRI? Oh, she’s just a very arrogant app who thinks she knows everything. Kinda like you.

That sound? Oh, just Yvonne sneezing in the background again. Bless you Babydoll.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. John Brunner

Yeh, if there were only a way to do cursive...

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

A funny thing.
    Cursive or the medieval Latin form, cursivus means “running”. Could it be that by extension, “curs-ing” is the running of one’s mouth?

John Brunner likes this.