My Whereabouts, Some Might Wonder, Some Might Not

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, Lon! Although I was a roper, not a bronc rider.

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, there were a few things I forgot about. LOL

What I was wondering, Faye, did that store you went to sell: George Strait shirts and hats, Ariat and/or Justin boots, Wrangler and/or Cinch jeans? Our farm/ranch store, down the street, does. Plus, horse feed, tack and even some Classic brand ropes. To a point, they are like Boot Barn, but Boot Barn only sells clothes, hats and boots. But, I use to go to a Boot Barn in Temecula, California and they sold some rodeo (rough stock) items, horse tack, a few saddles and ropes. Bought a couple of Classic ropes from them when I was still swinging a loop. The really big store I went to, while living and rodeoing in So California, was Broken Horn in El Monte, California. They carried everything, including cattle watering tanks and automatic waters for horses (outside) and some alfalfa hay (in a building).

4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh Everything you can imagine needing on a farm or ranch and for the rodeo. The photo just shows the clothing, hat, boot, gloves, jewelry, etc. section that is 2/3 of the main section. In the middle is the kid's section with peddle, electric, and even push tractors and attachments, farm animals of many sizes, stick horses, rocking horses, saddles for rocking horses, small usable tools, dummy calves for roping, etc. The other 1/3rd is for smaller hardware of every kind, guns, ammo, knives, archery, small tools, vet supplies, tarps, ropes, lariats, spurs, saddles, tack, 4H show section, small irrigation, etc. The back section that runs the full length but half as wide as the main is for feed, fencing, chutes, gates, fertilizer, seeds, chemicals, big irrigation, post hole drills, and drivers, etc. It also has an outside area for things that can take the weather. The front section that is the same as the back for size, has lawnmowers, small tractors, chain saws, edgers, wagons, carts, dollies, of all kinds, and brands.

Women Jean brands
    in slim, relaxed, straight leg,
    bootleg, tapered, bell-bottom
    Several washes, colors, and levels
    of destruction. All sizes.

Miss Me
    Grace in LA
    Shyanne
    Idyllwind
    Cinch
    Cowgirl Tuff
    Cowgirl Up
    Cruel Girl
    Kimes Ranch
    Rock and Roll Cowgirl
    Scully
    Stetson
    Tin Haul
    Wrangler
    Levi
    Carhartt
    Ariat
    Double L
    Lee

Boots in many styles

Nacona
    Shyanne
    Laredo
    Idyllwind
    Corral
    Macie Bean
    Circle C
    Dan Post
    Old West
    Twisted X
    Justin
    Boulet
    Tony Lama
    Roper
    Lucchese
    Tecovas
    Durango
    Old Gringo

Hats in maybe 20 brands many styles, sizes, brims, straw, felt, wool, etc.
    They also have wood stoves, pellet stoves, barn heaters, water troughs and heaters, electrical supplies, barn cameras, BBQ grills, and smokers, industrial BBQ smokers, galvanized tanks, and culverts, floor, wall, and stand-alone safes, etc.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

The smell of a winery isn't too bad either

Faye Fox likes this.
  6. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

In that case HANG LOOSE

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

WOW, now that's a store!

Funny, when we look at some of the boots at the Boot Barn store, wife and I have to smile, and chuckle inside, due to the outrageously looking "big-city" boots full of rhinestones, etc. they have.

Actually, I never bought one, but the old Brooks & Dunn shirts were way to flashy looking for me, as was many of the Garth Brooks shirts. I always like the button-down collar type shirts, like Chaps and U.S. Polo Assoc.. I even have a Wrangler button-down collar long-sleeve with the word Wrangler on the collar and on one sleeve. I use to be a Levi guy, until I started wearing Wrangler jeans. Now my wife also wears Wrangler jeans. The Cinch brand jeans, especially the rear pockets, remind me too much of the old Jordache jeans of the 80's.

8. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

A cowpoke lost his favorite hat and decided instead of buying another one, he'd just mosey into the vestibule of the local Cowboy Church and steal a good one off the coat rack while everyone was tied up in the service.

Unfortunately for his plans, an usher was waiting at the door to seat latecomers and he ended up in a pew listening to the sermon, which was a good one about the Ten Commandments.

After the service, the parson welcomed him and asked if he had enjoyed the sermon.

"I sure did, Parson! I actually came here to steal a hat, but when you started a-listin' them Commandments, I changed my mind."

"So it was the Commandment 'Thou Shall Not Steal' that did the trick?"

"Naw, Parson, when you got to that there one about Adultery, I remembered where I left my hat!"

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

♫ I see by your outfit that you are a cowboy ♫
    ♫ You see by my outfit that I am one too ♫
    ♫ We see by our outfits that we are both cowboys ♫
    ♫ If you had an outfit then you'd be one too ♫

-George Gobel

10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Shutter to think Cody had left the building- oh but wait he is Shopping :D what a hoot.

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

It is the Ranchers.net forum but it is mostly about everyday ranching by real ranchers and little about rodeo even though it has a few members that were pro rodeo stars. A lot of current things like wolf kills in Eastern Oregon, the drought, daily weather, broken tooth cow market, photos from community ranch branding, rattlesnakes, hay cuttings and prices, etc. I love it because I lived the life for many years raising beef cattle and most of the regular members are over 50 and several live within 200 miles of me and I know their ranches and area. You might enjoy it as it is the real ranch "cowboy" life. A bit slow but lots of real deal knowledge there.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

True about Rancher.net, BUT, yes ranchers are cowboys, but so are many of the "rodeo" types as well. Miss Rodeo America's family runs a ranch in South Dakota. During the winter months, when rodeo can be very slow in parts of the U.S., Jordan Tierney's mother took photos of her feeding and watering their cattle at their ranch.

If a person was to talk to a rodeo stock contractor, the men/women who work for the contractor do branding, ear tagging and doctoring for all of their bulls, horses, calves and steers. This livestock isn't the "market" type livestock, but a stock contractor can do pretty much the same as a rancher does.

I did notice someone tried to start some kind of forum online to discuss rodeo, but it never happened.