My Winter Theme For 2021-22

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Von Jones, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I was going to ask if the Santa and reindeers were home made ,then I seen an answer ….. they are beautiful treasures @Von Jones

Love your decorating style . Von … I’m not crafty ….well I can produce a few little things on my old embroidery machine
    but I wouldn’t call it that crafty .

I’ve only put up a tiny tinsel type tree as we are going to be home ..again ..by choice I’m very wary of going out or anywhere unless we have to despite having our booster shot a few days ago.

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Embroidery is one craft that I tried but never stuck to it. I really admire those that do. I like to buy embroidered pieces.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  3. Kate Ellery

Registered

I was on a crafty type forum for years well ..prob about 10 years .

We’d have a voluntary swap of something crafty once or twice a year , as well as a card .or a post card
    I’d normally embroider a hand towel and add a bit of ribbon or lace ,I did a swap in November where I made Christmas themed mug rugs ,as well as everyday ones and a white hand towel that always looks nice with added embroidery ….I don’t think I took any photos prior to posting…. I’ll check my iPad
    @Von Jones if not I might have a make some more while we are home safe and sound keeping well away from shops .
    I too used to like op shops and bought some great things over the years however most have become very expensive so I tend to give them a miss now days ,and only go if I’m looking for fabric suitable for masks that I’ve made for us ..hubby and I ..family ..& friends .,neighbours

Von Jones likes this.
  4. Kate Ellery

Registered

I like pure cotton face washers , well some call them dish cloths but I make myself some from time to time for my use in the bathroom ,I use the as mats on vanity for the likes of liquid soap that tends to dribble ,as well as one in “my shower” just to use on my face , hubs has his bathroom and I use the ensuite :):)
    This is one in the process of being made on the 3 month list . 49AB2513-025F-437F-826E-A1D66EE9F2D9.gif no rush I’ve got plenty .
    I’m not a knitter but I try

99BA802A-2FAE-4FC4-AEF2-9677699FC5EC.jpeg