New Again

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jan Ahlmann, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

What other frum? :eek: ;):)

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The "We're Diverse And Tolerant But You Don't Think Like Us So Get Lost dot com" forum.

3. Jan Ahlmann

Jan Ahlmann Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ah, well, it seems one of members of that other forum has decided to continue on here. Not sure what her goal is. I thought I had a boring life. Thank you!

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Jan Ahlmann

Registered

Spot on!

Lois Winters and John Brunner like this.
  5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Damn, guess it is a good thing this is the only forum I have ever been on. :p

Jan Ahlmann likes this.
  6. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow, Lulu, I love them too. Not that many people go for them these days. They certainly pretty up a garden that you want to look natural as with wild flowers.

7. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll welcome you back as well, Jan, but did not know you. I love your quilt and do not see a swastika anywhere in it. Some people are truly blind, or are looking for something to snark about. I left that other forum for a while as I was more or less told to get loss by someone who took umbrage at a comment I made correcting someone else of a falsehood. Was I ever taken aback, since that individual wasn't even a part of the conversation. But, I thought, if this is the treatment, and it is tolerated, I am happily outta there.

About a year and a half later, the owner of that forum emailed me. He had been made aware of what occurred by a former member here, and please would I give them another try, as he'd heard good things about me. Knock me over with a feather, I was stunned. Cautiously, I did return, but barely partake. I observe more than anything else.

The person who was so rude to me eventually messaged me with abject apologies and to be truthful, by then, I'd quite forgotten who she was. I graciously accepted and we are civil and decent to one another when I do have something to say.

Don't let someone get under your skin if you know they are deliberately baiting you or just being downright unkind. Ignore their existence on the face of this earth. That is the ultimate insult.

Enjoy, like this Jersey gal does.

8. Jan Ahlmann

Registered

Very wise words, thank you!

John Brunner and John Nopales like this.
  9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Hey Jan, Nice to meet you!
    Love the light play in the colors of your quilt!

10. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi @Jan Ahlmann
    Welcome from Australia

I’ve been hanging out here for a while now infact it’s just over 8 years and I didn’t even get a nice cream cake from @Ken Anderson :p:p for sticking it out since 2015 :):)…I’m gonna cry now
    IMG_2068.gif My anniversary of joining was Dec 13th .

Yep I’ve had encounters with one or two of the keyboard warriors / self appointed commanders
    on that other forum , and are more than likely here under a different UN but that’s anyone’s right …and that magic ignore button works wonders on both forums .

I stick my head into that one every now and then but DONT get stamps on-the back of my hand for anything I post :p and I fully know why without going into details.

I check in there once every couple of months or so as I have good genuine friends there as well

I mainly stick to games section ON HERE …and will join in the general chat every now and then.

.I’ve always admired the work / skills put into quilts but despite being a sewer myself since I was 14 years old I’ve never tackled a quilt
    I do small quilting projects like mug rugs made in hoop of my very old embroidery machine ( 24 years old ) when I feel,like sewing or want to make up something for a swap on the crafty forum

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
  11. Jan Ahlmann

Registered

I used to sew most of my own clothes. My Mom sewed, so I learned at an early age. When the quilting craze hit in the 90s, I resisted for awhile because I knew it would take over my life. I finally took a class and the rest is history.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I have quilts. Two Marks mom had made and a totally hand sewn from a grand mother of mine ..it is 70 years old or more. She made it out of clothes from family kids and others.

Beth Gallagher and Jan Ahlmann like this.