New Critter

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Tony Page, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I would do that trade in a heartbeat

2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I truly feel they have a sense of who will not hurt them and who would helped them.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I moved here in 2010. The guy "next door" has had them behind his house for years. I've heard them at the back of my property less than 5 times. I have never seen them. Now I got 4 of them who will stay on a nearby tree as I just watch.

I wonder if there's not something different going on this year. I was talking to a guy who lives about 5-6 miles from here, and he spotted a family of 8 living in a tall tree at the back of his land. He informed me that a group of owls is referred to as a "parliament."

Tony Page likes this.
  4. John Brunner

They have lots of them:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I spoke to a woman the next country over who claimed to have a mother and child bigfoot living on her property.

Tony Page likes this.
  5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

That's interesting never heard the term Parliament used but it fits the wise old owl.
    I'm wondering if there's been a change to the rodent population what I'm reading Long Island is having a explosion of rodents, wonder if it's happening elsewhere.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

She should set up some trail cams.
    I would love to be able to capture some film footage of these creatures

John Brunner likes this.
  7. John Brunner

When I moved here I was surprised that I would only see the occasional rabbit. Part of that might be because these country rabbits don't seem to be too bright. I can walk right up on them before they move. "If you got a brick, you got dinner" was my mantra. This year they've been breeding like...well, you know. I noticed it this morning when pulling out of the compound on an early errand. They were all over the place. Lots of young bunnies, which I've never seen here.

The thing is the owls are not perched where I've noticed the rabbits, but they don't stay in one spot all day, either.

Tony Page likes this.
  8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

There was a typo in my comments I never had owls perch here change that to hawks.

9. John Brunner

She was someone I did some of that free home repair work for. (We installed a 65'-70' handicap ramp for her husband so he could get up to the deck at the rear of the house and take his wheelchair through the sliding doors. It was a thing of beauty.) We are "country" out here, but it's by no means the deep woods.

It's funny, I was at their house a number of times for that project, and got to know her pretty well. She seemed normal enough ;) She did lots of her own work on the place...was cutting down decking and replacing steps going up the other side of that deck while we were around. And then she said it: "We have a mama and a baby Bigfoot living out here. I've seen them under that street light." I was polite.

Now, it's not as though I'm smart enough to say they do not exist in some remote regions. Anything is possible. But they don't exist there.

Tony Page likes this.
  10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Staying away from where the multitude of rabbits are might be a natural instinct not to show your hand until you're ready to hunt.

John Brunner likes this.
  11. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

Ah-ha...owls are also predators...we had hawks first...
    and now...huge turkey vultures circle....I enjoy your posts very much.

John Brunner and Tony Page like this.
  12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you I've just loved animals as long as I can remember, I've had a lot of different type as pets, I've raised dogs, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, tried raising chameleons no success though.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know what to believe as far as Bigfoot is concerned. Why hasn't there been one clear photo that doesn't look fake? Where are all the great nature photographers, these guys have great videos of the wildlife in there habitat. Are they that clever that they can avoid all the thousands of hunters, hikers and campers without a clear photo taken.
    What makes it difficult is the photos and footprints that are proving to be fakes.
    I think the extensive studies of the Wright-Patterson film, makes me feel this one might be legit.
    I would like to see some undeniable proof that they exist.

John Brunner likes this.