Nfl Football

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Richard Whiting, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I was going to say that. :D

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Hey Richard. I was wondering where you've been. I was about to "Roll Call" you!! Hope you're doing OK.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

@Beth Gallagher
    @Cody Fousnaugh

So what's the deal with Taylor Swift? Does she live in KC, or did she grow up there, or is she just a Chiefs fan? Just the brief drop in/drop out I've been doing on the games lately, I thought I saw a shot of her in some VIP booth.

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

She is dating Travis Kelce, a tight end for the Chiefs

John Brunner likes this.
  5. John Brunner

I love me some high Net Worth relationships.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I barely know who she is and I've never heard of her "boyfriend," but pictures of her in the VIP box are plastered on Yahoo every damn day. Kind of like Kardashian news... just taking up space that I have to scroll past.

7. John Brunner

Interesting. I have yet to hear one of her songs all the way through, but she just broke a record by selling $1 Billion of tickets for her recent tour. Fans say that she puts on a good show.

I don't know if overexposure is done by marketing teams, or if it's a celebrity-obsessed media that makes us non-fans sick of them. To me it's like British royalty. Even with a British mother, I'm not interested.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It looks like Reba McEntire is going to be entertaining at the Super Bowl, too. Here is what I have been seeing in the news. How far ahead do they know who will be playing at the game ?
    This one doesn’t say anything about Taylor Swift, so maybe I am looking at the wrong advertisement ?

IMG_5941.jpeg

Richard Whiting and John Brunner like this.
  9. John Brunner

Taylor is not performing. Your info is correct. I guess they are trying to hit a bunch of demographics with that lineup.

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I have a question for you, @John Brunner . If they already know who is playing in February at the Super Bowl, why does @Richard Whiting say today that they are down to the “final four” ?
    No matter who wins or loses with the two games he mentions, they already know which teams will be in the Super Bowl ? I thought it was some sort of competition, and the finalists played.
    So, it is that these two teams already have the most points, so they are the winners , maybe ?

John Brunner likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Maybe it is rigged, but the gamblers might not like a rigged Super Bowl. I always think of it as a big terrorist target, just as I view the New Yeas gathering in Times Square.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

I don't think they know who the two final teams are yet, Yvonne. Silly me thought the last two games over the weekend determined the teams who won the AFC and NFC conferences, but [I guess] those games were the semi-finals for each of the two conferences. This weekend will determine who the AFC champions are and who the NFC champions are, and those two teams will go to the Super Bowl. The total points for the season don't matter...each game's winner moves on.

The halftime show is already lined up. I imagine the commercials are finished as well ;)

edit to add: I am getting concerned with my comprehension skills lately. I looked at that screenshot and did not see any reference to who the final teams were gonna be, yet there it is right there. I have no idea who posted that tweet, Yvonne. The Ravens are playing the Chiefs this Sunday the 28th to see who moves on to the S.B. from the AFC, and the 49ers play the Lions to see who represents the NFC. I confirmed that the half time show lineup is correct.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. John Brunner

There's been some real questionable calls made during the playoffs. And the closeness of the playoff games (making late-game advertising minutes worth just as much as the earlier minutes) is highly suspect.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I haven't watched the NFL in some time, but I have watched a few games this year, and I have been shocked by the poor quality of play and the bad officiating. Some have said that so many rule were changed for this season that the officials can't quite figure them out. I haven't found any excuse for the poor quality of play however. Perhaps if I had been watching all along, I wouldn't have noticed the change. Kinda the frog in the pot thing.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  15. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

No one knows who will play in the Super Bowl until this week ends NFC and AFL conference games are played. The insert you posted is only some one guessing.

Don Alaska likes this.