Nfl Player In Critical Condition

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Richard Whiting, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The thing I don't understand is canceling the game. After he was taken off the field, the game should have continued. The fans paid money to see that game and the players were paid outrageous salaries to play. Sure they were shaken since this was unexpected, but injuries happen and the idea that these grown men were too either too distraught or traumatized to play doesn't make sense to me.

Some say it was watching the CPR that made them cry. Sure shed a few tears and say a prayer and then continue the game. I have seen several go down at various jobs and require CPR, but as soon as they got them off to the hospital, the work continued. I have never seen a rodeo canceled because someone went down and needed CPR. They don't get canceled even if a participant is killed.

However, this show of nonperformance doesn't surprise me because football is a sport where a player can take a knee and disrespect those that died so the flag could be flown and the National Anthem sung.

When a bunch of highly overpaid young men, living wealthy pamperer lives, cannot deal with the dangers of their sport and carry on when one is injured and carried off, then time to cancel that sport.

If several had started dropping, then yes stop the game and get some medical investigators on the scene. But one guy needs CPR, come on. A bunch of sissies in my book and they all best go home to mommy and learn how to do something safe like knit.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't agree. They apparently thought he was dead. I think it showed respect for someone they knew.

3. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

There is NO real proof or truths to any of what we are living thru. Speculations and opinions from 100's of high profile medical people,researchers from all over the world. You know this Beth/.

And furthermore the rush injections have no humanly value to the body, their value is to Pharma and the billions they are making. Pathetic that so many don't "see this"...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Faye, can't continue the game if the players and coaches refuse to return to the field. On top of that, every announcer stated that they had never/ever seen this happen before, including an ambulance go on the field.

From what I've heard/read, not a single fan at the game complained that the game had been postponed. No one.

Lisa Salters was highly commended by the NFL for her reporting and fighting back tears. This was an extremely serious thing that happened and many people were all for the game ending.

Nancy Hart and Shirley Martin like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually, Joy Behar suggested that NFL football be completely stopped and thousands of NFL fans want her fired from The View.
    As far as "taking the knee", it happened and people need to go on. The stadiums are still being packed with fans.

6. Joy Martin

Registered

You've learned Shirley, why the stuck out tongue? Yes, it's true the Grape Seed will give all who can take it, More Protection.

7. Shirley Martin

Registered

Does it make one immune to football injuries? :p

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No real proof and yet you keep pushing your conspiracy theories as though they are gospel. You didn't even have the vaccine so why do you care?

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  9. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I strongly object when threads have been hijacked.
    This thread is about Damar Hamlin and his fight for life and certainly not about Covid booster shots.

Can we, please, get back to the topic ?

10. Shirley Martin

Registered

They just said on TV that he is able to respond to questions by writing. The doctors are pleased with his progress.

Don Alaska and Richard Whiting like this.
  11. Joy Martin

Registered

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

So on any job, if someone requires CPR and all the coworkers know him, they should shut that job down and let them all go home or else they don't show respect? The first question the guy asked was "who won the game'" It seems to me he wanted the game to continue.

I think this kind of thing isn't about respect but about lack of character. Imagine in a war asking the enemy to stop firing because one of the soldiers needed CPR or he would die. A farmer refusing to milk his cows because he had to give CPR to his neighbor and best friend. Yes, it is just a game, but a game where players are paid insane salaries for what they do, and fans paid a lot for the tickets. When I was in high school and at the state playoffs, one player went down and required CPR. Everyone thought he was dead including his mother. As soon as he was off the floor and in the ambulance, the game continued. The announcer had a preacher say a prayer and kept everyone updated throughout the day.

I may post more about my personal experiences tomorrow and why I have no time for all these guys that don't know how to deal with life, but again it is probably a waste of time because no one takes the time to understand others' viewpoints based on their personal experiences.

I think it is because our country is now more about "feelings" than carrying on despite setbacks and hardships. Very few real men are left in this country.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It shows today's mindset of most of America. One person was not injured playing football, he had cardiac arrest and there is something not disclosed at this time and probably won't be until he fully recovers, if he ever fully recovers ? There are hundreds of thousands of people that have unknown heart problems and it may or may not become an issue at some time in their life. My Uncle had an enlarged heart and it effected him by making him fall asleep even at the dinner table, he would fall over face first in his plate. Would you believe he lived to 96 and it wasn't his heart that took him. It was an accumulation of other things most 96 year olds all share.

I don't think the game should have been canceled and even today they are talking about it not being finished or replayed. If they do that I would think Cincinnati would have to win by forfeit since they were leading in the scoring. It was going to be a great game and they completely blew it. What you see is more the players union calling all the shots and not the owners or commissioner. This is why they were allowed to take a knee during our national anthem, same crappola. I wanted to watch this particular game because Joe was the quarter back and he was a super player here at LSU and made it fun to watch college football. Get all those union hacks out of our lives and our world will be much better. Unions have cost us more money than could be counted, taxpayer funded projects are eating up all our tax dollars thanks to pandering to unions by these slugs in our white house. If people can't see the reasons why we have gone so far down the slope it is never going to change or get better. I look for this player going down to see the bleeding hearts out there that aren't even fans start calling for banning football. Just wait it's coming, by the time all those poofs are through there will be no sports of any kind because it offends someone. I have just about kicked the life long habit of watching NASCAR so it wouldn't take long for me to not watch any football even college.

Faye Fox likes this.
  14. Joy Martin

Registered

I am glad the game was called, and I'm gettinng more sick and tired of how money driven our country has become, it always was but more and more.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree that I think it was called because they believed he died or was close to dying. Just out of respect in my opinion.

Shirley Martin likes this.