Nfl Player In Critical Condition

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Richard Whiting, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Alan Sidlo

Alan Sidlo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

it's early, but ya just have to snicker...

2. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I started to write about the same thing yesterday but didn't want to make people mad. The way I feel about it mirrors what you said about our veterans. No one cried or canceled anything and we lost 50,000 plus and hundreds of thousands with severe wounds, in just one illegal police action. Now all these people we elect think they have the right to call everything a police action even when everyone knows it was illegal. I could not understand why they would cancel a game that was one of the most important of the entire season. I do know why it was done, because a silly union for a very small group of sports people was in charge. If we really want to go back to the way it was supposed to be then get rid of these unions and stop allowing them to bleed all of us dry. There have been a lot of football injuries , that's why they wear helmets that probably cost 300 bucks each. When I was a kid we wore trashcans for helmets and it did more damage than the impact. In High School I saw the writing on the wall, It was not meant for me to play football. Today I wonder just how many of those paid tickets will be empty seats because people don't live in Cincinnati. It would not surprise me to see that game cancelled but I don't know how the Bengals will take it if they aren't awarded a forfeit having the high score.

Faye Fox and Ken Anderson like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As mentioned earlier, I witnessed the death of a high school varsity football player during a game, and they didn't even postpone the game. Postponing, canceling, or continuing the game, none of these possible choices would have made one bit of difference in the outcome.

Faye Fox, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

One thing is for sure. The playoff picture is a real mess. I have looked on Youtube and I watched numerous videos in an attempt to find out who plays in the "wild-card" weekend. Can't make heads nor tails of who plays who. Not only that but it is likely that some games may play at a neutral site.
    Also, deciding who plays who may come down to a coin toss. WEIRD !

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I heard that he is off the ventilator and talking, so that's an excellent sign.

Faye Fox, Don Alaska and Nancy Hart like this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I was dreading an outcome such as never being able to come off life support.

7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I have heard several articles and what they all agree on, is that the decision not to play started with the coach that felt he needed to be at the hospital after the teams were given 5 minutes to compose themselves and warm up.

Since the coach and several of the players were still shaken, they decided they couldn't finish the game and perform up to standard. It is my opinion that this wasn't out of respect, but rather self-doubting and the inability to focus. I read that some are taking counseling but the practice has begun. Damar's folks got a call from Biden. How many traumatized paramedics or police get a personal call from Biden?

More attention is given to this unusual incident that doesn't even compare to what police and paramedics face every day. Damar was resuscitated before he left in the ambulance. I see no reason these guys with what they are paid, couldn't finish the game and why the coach felt he needed to be at the hospital. What was he going to do there? Nothing! I content that Damar's folks needed to be there and that was it. If the coach is unable to do his job under such trauma, then maybe he needs to be replaced.

I could care less about pro football but find it amazing all the press this one incident is getting when our country is in dire straits. I could care less about Joy and her gang of brain-dead haters and their attempt to blame barbaric tackle football on heterosexual male conservatives.

My only wish is that Damar gets back to normal and the media will give this same press to our NECESSARY service people that suffer the same trauma while doing their job.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Bobby Cole and Alan Sidlo like this.
  8. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

What I'm hearing is the players did not want to go on and play, but the team owners etc want to go on, it's big money and a mega amount of entertainment to those who love this violent game.

Here is a new death report I just got:

https://vaccineimpact.com/2023/vacc...-unvaxxed-jailed-died-unexpectedly-at-age-38/

Damar has a long road to go and yes I hope he can come back as close to what he was, but for now it's all the drugs and machines.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I have no problem with people showing compassion for Hamlin and I hope the young man will make a full recovery. Since the incident happened on live TV there is probably more interest than had it happened in a practice or whatever. At any rate, it is a shame that men and women in the armed forces come home in body bags without any fanfare, but a professional football player has been elevated to national hero. "American values."

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

The OP of this thread has asked us to stop with the vaccine argument and keep to the topic. Since the NFL players are working under contract they probably get paid whether the game continues or not.

11. Richard Whiting

Registered

You may know something I have not heard. He is communicating ,but only by writing because the last i heard he is still intubated.

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Google is your friend. From several news outlets this morning... "The positive news regarding Damar Hamlin’s health condition continued on Friday with the Buffalo Bills announcing that his breathing tube was removed overnight, and he was finally able to speak with his team and the medical staff providing his care. "

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Richard Whiting

Registered

There are numerous sports where people, especially men, engage in extremely dangerous activities such as rodeo, boxing, mountain climbing and auto racing. All of which guys routinely are injured and occasionally die. It's in our nature to challenge others and ourselves.

As per the nationwide interest and a personal call from Biden. Millions of people saw Damar Hamlin's tackle and the cardiac arrest. It's only natural that we would be traumatized.

14. Richard Whiting

Registered

Oh, great to hear that. I must have missed it.
    Now that Hamlin is breathing on his own, I imagine a nationwide sigh of relief and this weekends games will continue as scheduled.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Alan Sidlo

Alan Sidlo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

sometimes ya spill a li'll blood... was a time i enjoyed the attention of performing on the public stage. broken bones and the occasional heart attack (of a performer or even someone in the audience.) the show must go on someone would say (it's part of the "show".) people are strange but maybe that's the attraction?

schadenfreude is a game we play amongst ourselves and call it sports.

Bobby Cole likes this.