Nfl Player In Critical Condition

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Richard Whiting, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

It is? The official statement from the Bill's medical team that I read indicates a paramedic used an AED and that was what restored his heartbeat. I can find nothing about it other than Kellington gave chest compressions and team paramedics administered the AED. I have nothing against hailing Denny as a hero, but to discount that the team paramedics were the ones to restore his heartbeat, really upsets me. Let's hear the names of those hero paramedics along with Denny Kellington.

I am not making Kellington administering chest compressions a nonissue, just saying he is being given all the credit for saving Damar. That is wrong! If the team paramedics with unknown and unsung names as heroes, hadn't responded as they did, Damar would be dead.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The ambulance may not have been on the field, since it's unusual for an ambulance to drive onto the field, but I'm pretty sure EMS was at the stadium. I can't imagine them not having a contract with an EMS provider to be on hand for games.

Successful resuscitation requires someone on the scene who knows how to do CPR, so it wouldn't be unusual for someone to be doing CPR before the ambulance arrives. That's why community CPR courses are held all over the country. In that, you're right on one thing, @Richard Whiting - average EMS response times are from five to seven minutes. If no one is doing CPR before the ambulance arrives, it's probably too late for successful resuscitation. In this case, I suspect the EMS crew and the ambulance were there and were part of the decision to drive the ambulance out onto the field since that probably required some shifting around of things.

Before being hired to run the EMT program at TSTC, I was the training coordinator with what was then the largest EMS provider in the Rio Grande Valley, and I spent a lot of time teaching or coordinating community CPR classes, besides teaching EMT, EMT-I, and EMT-P courses. The community has to be part of the system.

Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.
  3. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Jumping in here late, did anyone ever prove the cause of the heart attack ?

Years ago, I read of athletes, healthy athletes, dying on the court or the field during practice or during a game, and
    the reason for their heart attack , in spite of having plenty of medical doctors available watching over them the previous months, was mal-nutrition/ lack of specific things that were indicated but not noticed and not tested for because it was not par of the usual protocols.

4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

As I posted before, the NFL requires paramedics and certain lifesaving equipment on the scene at every game and they are part of the team's medical personnel. The trainer skilled in CPR is the first one to respond and make the assessment and begin CPR if needed, then the paramedics respond quickly but take seconds maybe a minute to take the necessary quick response medical equipment out with them. I don't understand why so many won't give credit where credit is due. Why should all the credit go to Denny Kellington? He did what he was trained, certified, and paid to do as did the unsung paramedics.

Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.
  5. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Just reading thru this busy thread and reading the answers of what happened from members points of view, and personal stories of famly/friends deaths, and we'll never know the Definite reasons for it all, but I still contend the "shots" had a factor.

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  6. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

********************************************************************************************************
    I don't know about PROVE, but it has been suggested many times by cardiac DR's that when the Cincinnati player and Damar Hamlin collided, the Cincinnati player hit him with his shoulder in the center of Hamlin's chest. At that micro-second , exactly when the heart beat was in the T-WAVE. As i understand it, the T-wave is when the heart "reset's" itself. Which in turn, caused the heart to go into "fibrillation".
    It may never be "proved".

Shirley Martin likes this.
  7. Jeff Elohim

Registered

They do frequently , yes, and sometimes it is admitted, but as often as they can it is covered up. Like the coverups in previous decades, as far back as the beginning of the century/last century I guess.

8. Richard Whiting

Registered

I have watch dozens and dozens of videos from Dr's at the hospital and not one of them has even suggested that booster shots had any impact what-so-ever.
    Booster shots having an impact seems far fetched to me.

9. Richard Whiting

Registered

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't buy that there is any "booster" conspiracy. Nor do I buy that the manned moon landings were faked. Or that George Bush was behind the 9/11 bombings.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

So it is just business as usual, no conspiracy needed then.

11. Richard Whiting

Registered

Sunday morning 11:45 am. 6 days after cardiac arrest. One thing which I do not understand . Damar Hamlin is awake, off the ventalator, speaking, texting and watching this morning game. Yet he is still listed as in "critical condition". I thought that critical condition meant a person is in serious danger of dying at any moment ? Yet, it sounds like Damar is doing extremely well ?

Faye Fox likes this.
  12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

From what I understand, while his neurological function is good as of today, the doctors are still not 100% sure about what caused his collapse and still want to observe him a bit longer before pulling him off the critical list. Sometimes this kind of incident can manifest symptoms of concern days and weeks later. In my construction days, one guy suffered a similar incident where after being hit, he was up for a few seconds before collapsing with no heartbeat. He was released a couple of weeks later and two days later while working in his shop, fell and was dead as soon as he hit the floor. The autopsy showed an undetected blood clot moved to the brain.

I think they are taking every precaution plus more because of the attention this story has generated.

Richard Whiting likes this.
  13. Joy Martin

Registered

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but am into possible Theories. The mainstream MD's won't say a word about the shots "theory"... Now the Front Line MD's could be another thing on the possible connection.

14. Joy Martin

Registered

And I'll forever believe that these shots are worthless and did NOT go thru the clinical trials that real vaccines go thru. All those doing the SHOTS are in the Clinical Trials and that is Damar and all taking them and being forced to.

15. Richard Whiting

Registered

Ah ha. That explains it. I forgot about possible blood clots hiding somewhere just waiting to break loose and kill him.
    Do you happen to know if there are meds which dissolve blood clots ?