Niece And Wife's Sister ( Niece's Mom )

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

It is going to happen all agreed to it but the 2 mentioned before we used to do these almost every Sunday for locals but it has been so long since we have all wanted to do so we are even pre covid I had our rules here for all to follow the hardest was to get all to stay and help clean up everything they were ready to go and wanted to nope not till cleaned yard and house both, don't wish to don't come or do it at your house, I have the room, parking space and pool here for all to use. It is, clean on arrival so clean on departure is all I ask, really simple, help clean, bring what you say you will, no arguing, discuss anything you wish to at all anything just do not start a negative issue, we had 1 in 10 years and the lady was told to leave, (politics on Obamma) with all understanding it goes very well or has in the past, our 1st and 2nd time many years back we did this made us start our rules as it took us the next day to pick up and clean from it. So no more of that though, what don't work we shall change if anything. Really there is a lot of work involved to do this. For us we have about got it right we think here.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody...it is a really good thing you aren't going to visit with your family. I'm sure they will be grateful you and your wife won't be spreading your diarrhea to them since they want to enjoy their traveling time too.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL

Mary Robi, Babs Hunt and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, diarrhea kills more worldwide every year than viruses by a large margin except in 2020. Since every year except 2020, the number of diarrhea deaths outnumbers viral deaths by 4 to 10 times, it makes one wonder how many covid deaths were really diarrhea deaths.

Spreading diarrhea is a serious crime against your fellow human. PLEASE wear a 4 ply diaper over your pants so we can see you are complying with good health standards and not a super spreader.

STOP THE SPREAD!!!!
    diapers.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, we have sent an IM to the niece stating that we can't see them and not to come here.

The reason for the "not to come here" in the IM is this: Last year, in Sept., my wife's sister was visiting her granddaughter in eastern Kansas. She called us to ask if she could stop by and see us before heading back to California. At that time, wife and I decided "no, that wouldn't be a good idea", concerning the virus. She sort of argued with us about seeing us and we kept saying "no". Hours later, we get a phone call from her and she told us that she is at a hotel by the freeway here. We were both upset that she didn't honor our wish of not seeing her, but drove to the hotel anyway. Both of us, and her, wearing a mask, we talked outside of the hotel in the parking lot. She insisted that we meet her the next morning for breakfast at iHop next door to the hotel. We did and all was ok. She ended up spending part of the day with us, seeing our apartment, local lake and our boat. It was a nice visit, but it did irritate us that she refused to honor our wish of not seeing her.

We hope she doesn't do again this time and/or convince her daughter (our niece) to drive up here. That will, again, upset us!
    IOW, "no means no".

6. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

From the story you tell NO doesn't mean NO.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Jim Brown

Jim Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good one Faye Fox. Love it.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, when any of you members request something from a family member, does it upset you when that request isn't granted-honored.............no matter what the request is about.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, with respect, Faye, wife and I sure are glad you aren't a member of our family. Then again, you wouldn't want to be a member of our family anyway. LOL
    We already have enough problems with our family as it is. It's no wonder why we live so far away from them, but still have trouble with them.

But, again "no means no" to us. Then again, my wife's brother feels the same way about the family. IOW, "I only want to see you when I decide to and definitely not any sooner".

10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

My, my.

Beth Gallagher and Faye Fox like this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

One thing to always remember, Bill, not all families get along. There are very distinct reasons why there are family members that live miles-to-states away from each other.

Teresa Levitt likes this.
  12. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I undersand. A similiar situation exists in my family.

13. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

this decision is only yours to make..i have no opinions on what people decide for themselves...
    but...turned out to be a funny thread