Nightmare Hospital Stay For Hip Replacement

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

An old girlfriend of my wife's had her hip replaced. Her doctor told her to be very careful in what she does physically. She absolutely didn't want to listen to him and wound up going back into surgery again. She is sort of like an Amazon Woman who thinks she could do whatever she wants to and completely ignore a doctors advice.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I really do not know either.
    One thing that definitely contributes to how long a person is in rehab is the condition of the muscles, ligaments and tendons before such a surgery is performed.
    Come to think about it, no matter what type of surgery is to be performed, a person’s physical attributes always come into play.

The gym we go to also has a rehab facility attached to it and I can’t tell ya how many people I have seen go in that I’m sure that they’re going to have problems.
    Granted, age fits in as a factor but I’ve seen young, very obese people who I am certain that they’re going to have more problems than an older but physically fit person would.

3. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

:D Well knowing how they [knee & shoulder] feel everyday , I don't doubt I need them but ... as long as i can tolerate the pain [some days it's pretty bad] I'll keep my originals.

A neighbor had a knee done. He also lives alone , they told him the same 15 days so he said OK. He has family to watch his house I do not. Anyway his stay ended up being almost a month. He's now saying never again .

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

In general, I avoid doctors and hospitals at all cost. It seems like they are just an industry now. I don't want to be their raw material instead of a patient for whom they are responsible.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Generally a good concept. If you use the healthcare system, realize you are in control of what happens to you, or should be. They can suggest treatments, but you are not generally obligated to take them. One recent post on a prepper site stated, "If you are afraid to die, you cannot be truly mentally tough." He was referring to the mindset of cops and firefighters who couldn't do their jobs if they were afraid to die. Them same applies to the prepper community.

6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, but that does not mean that we WANT to die. A friend thought I was suicidal when I talked about death like it was just inevitable for everyone. Even me:rolleyes:
    Although just surviving instead of thriving would wear thin after a while and make me rethink things.o_O

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Actually WANTING to die isn't healthy either. Death IS inevitable, even ofr you and me @Mary Stetler but that doesn't mean we are anxious for that time to arrive.

Mary Stetler likes this.