Ninja Coffee Bar

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had a very similar one , except mine was silver. It made excellent coffee, but it made 8 cups , which was way too much coffee for me. I also have a percolator that works on the stovetop, but it takes forever to make percolated coffee, where the electric one only took a few minutes.
    I think that you will like the electric percolator.

Ken Anderson and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

On the stovetop percolator, I have found that, at least in my opinion, the best pot of coffee is made by regulating the heat so that it takes a long time to even begin percolating. If I set the temperature too high, it percolates quickly but the coffee isn't as good.

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks Ken. After watching the video of the video in post 29, we have not been leaving it plugged in and set for the morning. I really like this Moss & Stone 10 cup percolator, even the color. I have ordered it, and it is too come on Monday! We will ditch the Black & Decker Drip maker that we have.

4. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

When I read the title of the thread I thought you’d been to a coffee bar where the servers were dressed as teenage mutant ninja turtles
    o_O:)

5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We just pour water over our grinds into cup with filter on top.
    We kept buying coffee pots that didn't work that long.
    Or we use our Coleman stainless steel camp pot when traveling and camp stove.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So did you order it, @Ken Anderson ? (I totally understand the need for a new Coffee Toy. :D)

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Not yet. I think I will, though.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

I have started another thread for the Moss & Stone Electric Percolator because I have just ordered one. I like having separate threads for product reports, particularly since Brandwatch is spidering us for that very purpose.

Joe Riley likes this.
  9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

We had a Regal 4-8 cup Poly Perk at our house for years. It must have been good. I didn't drink coffee back then.

[​IMG]

How do you like it?

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

It came Monday evening, and we made coffee when we woke up yesterday. It is very well built, the perfect size, and the color is sort of a metallic red. We made 6 cups, but this morning we have it set for 8 cups. The strangest piece is the coffee basket and lid. Instead of holes, it is made with a sort of basket weave looking arrangement of rectangle holes, with the punched out metal, like a blanket, covering each hole. Hard to describe, and could not find a good picture. The on/off switch is lit with a white lite, and a blue "ready" lite comes on after 7 minutes or so, and it quits perking and the heat setting goes to "warming". 4", 6" 8" & Max setting for water inside. Not sure about 2 cups.

It was nice to eliminate the Black & Decker maker and extension from the sink countertop, and clear up space. We make the coffee on the stove top, using the wall plug above the stove. A nice appearance and a much simpler set-up. Seems good so far. The coffee is very hot. The cord is short. The coffee is excellent!

Yesterday, I poured the first cup, before removing the coffee grounds, and some grounds were in the cup, so this morning I removed the basket before pouring with better results.

The picture below is not showing the red pot. It does show the odd weave on the basket.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    Nancy Hart and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

This just in........ there were still coffee grounds in the bottom of the cup, so we will have to go with filter discs in the basket, or a courser grind.

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

That happened with the old stove top percolators even with smaller holes. Wait 'til they all sink to the bottom, then pour slowly?

Joe Riley likes this.
  13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

As I remember, Mom ran a little cold water in the spout to settle the grounds?

Nancy Hart likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

I use my electric percolator coffee pot for coffee now, but I still use the Jinja for tea, the only problem being that more than half the time, I forget about it until it's gone cold. The Ninja coffeemaker still works, but I like the percolator better, or maybe I was just bored with the Ninja. I never did use any of its fancy features.