Now Even Some Mainstream Sources Are Talking About Food Shortages

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Don Alaska, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have read a number of articles referring to upcoming food shortages worldwide and in the U.S. as well. The fires at food warehouses--and ONLY food warehouses--are leading some to believe there may be a group or groups sponsoring arson in order (perhaps) to engineer food shortages in the U.S. If any of you are familiar with the "Rockefeller Plan" from before WWII to control the sources of the worlds' nutrition, you can see where this could be going. I know it sounds like a wild conspiracy, but plans were in place to control the world food supply after the Depression and those plans were interrupted by WWII. It was called the Rockefeller Plan, as it was devised by one of the Rockefeller family as both a way to equitably distribute the world's food supply AND control the populations at the same time, for once you control food, you control people. I had read previously that the fires were perhaps part of a cyber war between Russia and the U.S., but since these fires seem to be directed at food storage and not other tactical and strategic targets, it becomes even more disquieting. Shanghai is beginning to reopen, but Beijing is considering going into lockdown, but the supply chain just seems to be getting worse and worse. The full impact is working its way down the line, and the full impact (whatever it is) will hit sometime this fall.

2. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Controlling the whole food distribution chain, to control a given population, is a very, very dangerous row to hoe. As Bob Marley sang, "A hungry mob is an angry mob!" Unless open slaughter of angry, hungry, rioting people is in the game book, I can't see where food control, by the powers that be, will ever be put into action. Yeah, we are going to face food shortages in the not too distant future, but I think any government that tries to bring about the same, by manipulation, is bound to fall. "Let them eat cake," comes to mind.......

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

An interesting thing happened yesterday, and I wanted to pass the information along.
    For a while now, we have been reading and hearing about the cargo ships offshore that have not been able to unload their freight, and how there are shortages on store shelves.
    So, yesterday, Bobby needed to go to Walmart, so we got to go shopping (YEA ! ! ) for a while.

When we got to walmart, the fist thing that we noticed was that the whole back area (where the garden stuff is kept) was stacked from floor to ceiling with huge boxes of stuff.
    The ones that I looked at seemed to be things like BBQ grills and patio stuff; so I assumed that they were just doing some really big stocking up for the holiday weekend coming up tomorrow.

When we got into the store proper, the employees had the aisles full of the crates that they were moving all over and stocking shelves, all over the store.
    By now, I thought they must be expecting a really big turnout of holiday shoppers, even though we could still be getting rain this weekend.

Later, after we were back home and I was watching Youtube, I discovered a video by a truck driver who delivers to Sam’s Club, and he said basically the same thing as we saw at Walmart. The storage area at Sam’s, which has been almost empty for months and months, was totally packed full of boxes and crates to be unloaded at the store.

He said that they told him that the delayed cargo shipments are now arriving , and being delivered everywhere, so stores are being oversupplied with merchandise.
    He said they will have to do some big markdowns in order to sell this many items; so it is probably going to be a good time to buy things like BBQ’s or patio furniture while they are overstocked.
    However, not much is being shipped now, so he said that once this supply is gone, then more is not likely to be coming in.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I suppose I better start hoarding some food but I live in an apartment, a small one at that with only room for a normal size fridge and freezer above. I also figure if this happens, not only will gasoline be siphoned (or worse, cut the fuel line) from our vehicles, but people will be robbing anyone that has food stored up. Live in the wilderness, grow your own, live off the land. I'm not equipped to do that either. All the more reason to buy a gun if we don't have one? If MSM is reporting this stuff you can bet they have an ulterior motive. Ratings & money because they sure as hell don't care about the people.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Denise Happyfeet - just don't panic. gallon or of water, things like that. If we were not paying such close B Amazes me that people complain about the lying , and conspiracies of our world, suddenly believe they all think we a will starve to death and die of money pox - go figure:rolleyes:

Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

I'm not panicking (so far) but I don't want to just be stupid. For awhile now I never wanted to have more than I would actually eat stored up because I wanted to be able to move easily. But for the first time in my whole life, I've been in this apartment for going on 7 years. I'm probably not going anywhere but dead, eventually. I do feel a little panicky when most foods that will always be around are starches and sugars which I can't eat being type 2 diabetic, not pills, just healthy (for me) foods.

I don't feel it's a conspiracy but it's somewhere between that and reality. Makes me wonder why I've tried to stay so healthy if I'm just going to die of starvation. I just feel like the US is getting what's coming to us, atleast to those that never gave a lick for others in the world that are starving right now. I don't know about anyone else here, but even on a fairly low-income retirement I've been living pretty high off the hog. Have all I need, didn't want more "baggage" to load up, or to worry about some poor saps coming in when I croak and have to deal with a bunch of "stuff". Maybe if I store up lots of food they'll be glad when I go :p:D

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

I'm going shopping today, I noticed our Walmart and Grocery Outlet had lots of produce, but I was shocked at the egg sections of Grocery Outlet, almost empty, Just a couple of cartons left. I did see them wheeling carts around of goods in boxes to stock shelves with.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

Thinking about rioting when it effects our stomachs kind of makes me ashamed to be a "people". Horrific things have been going on in our country due to lack of leadership, or just plain piss-pour excuses for leadership. Many of us have basically stood by (just ignored it all) and let it happen. Why haven't we brought this administration down already, we have to wait til we're starving, and to weak to fight?

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I wonder if the rolling blackouts aren't at least partially directed at those who are responsible enough to stock up in anticipation of the forced famine. A freezer full of spoiled food is having no food at all.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Government is not your friend, and I think that is probably true wherever you live.

Don Alaska and Trevalius Guyus like this.
  11. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My seventh birthday was later in the year when WW!! ended. I recall parents talking about the food rationing. I also recall that Dad owned the dairy that provided mild for the village. He delivered milk seven days a week on h horse drawn buggy. The horse followed him when he walked from one house to the next. Milk was price-frozen at 9c per quart. (He sold the dairy shortly after the war ended.)

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Growing up, we grew, raised, or hunted the biggest part of what we ate, depending on the grocery store for some of the staples, such as sugar, salt, and things that we couldn't grow or raise in Michigan, such as bananas. We had a cellar full of potatoes, and mom canned all sorts of fruits and vegetables.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I don't recall that we ever had any vegetable gardens to speak of when I was a kid. Perhaps we had a few tomato plants, but did not raise any quantities of food. I know my mother canned tomatoes, but that was about it.

Denise Evans likes this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

evil is alive and well in this world, that's just so disgusting to think of a government doing that. But not so unbelieveable when you know if you donate to a hungry nation like maybe Afghanistan, wherever, you can't be sure the food/money will get to the people :(

15. Denise Evans

Registered

I would grow my own vegies for sure if I lived where I could. There are community "gardens" around here, but they can't keep those out that would steal the crops before you can get hold of them.