O J Simpson’s First Twitter Post

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Beth Gallagher, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

If OJ didn't, then why isn't there another suspect? Why was OJ the only one looking for this mysterious killer and on exclusive Golf Courses only? Why didn't the defense suggest the possibility of another killer with evidence other than a leather glove, the kind that OJ wore, that was shrunk by getting soaked by the yard sprinklers? It was tagged with a size tag, the same as OJ wore, but the drama of a shrunken glove not fitting decided the case. I guess since OJ isn't a threat to general society, then better to have him out than in jail at the taxpayers expense.

The prosecution proved their case beyond any reasonable doubt and the glove trick only created doubt in the minds of the jurors that were looking for anything so they didn't have to find him guilty and be labeled racist.

2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

There was a book written by a well know ex-prosecutor about the trial. He absolutely excoriated Marcia Clark. After I read some of the evidence they decided not to submit (in favor of oh wow, DNA which promptly put the jury to sleep) I am convinced OJ got away with murder. Anybody remember the name of that guy, the book author I mean?

edit: found it
    https://www.amazon.com/Outrage-Five-Reasons-Simpson-Murder/dp/0393330834

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Thomas Windom likes this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I have always wondered if it wasn't the son that killed those people. So did the Judge in Simpsons case or hinted at it. I watched the whole trial after I came in from college, was taking Horticulture. It came on at 3pm my time. Neber missed an episode. Not sure.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

I agree, he probably killed them, but I will always wonder if it was him or his son. I met him at Atlanta Technical College in the early 70s. He was signing autographs and I was running up and down the hall looking for my class, went into the room and he thought I was early for an autograph. He then said " you don't know who I am, do you? I didn't and he just laughed and introduced himself. Seemed nice and well-mannered, and classmates told me later who he was.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    Lulu Moppet and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

It was such a wild and wooly case and I watched a lot and a lot I did not. I cannot say without a doubt that he killed them.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sometimes I can't tell if someone is joking or serious.

Marie Mallery and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Let me get out my Magic 8 ball and query that for you. :p

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Probably???

Marie Mallery likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

yes since there is also a possibility someone else could have did it.

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I thought that OJ was innocent way back when I watched the trial on television many years ago, and I still think that he didn’t kill his wife and her boyfriend.
    The children were in the house when the murders were committed, and I just can’t see any loving father killing his wife in the same house where his children were at.

There were several other possibilities that didn’t seem to be looked into , including that the boyfriend was involved with some mafia type people .
    Some people thought that OJ’s son might have been involved and that his father was protecting him, and believed that they could not find enough evidence to convict him, since he didn’t actually commit the crime, and it took the search away from his son.

I remember doing the “pendulum thing” many years ago when i was expecting my first child, and it was supposed to predict the sex of the unborn baby.
    After all these years, I can’t even remember if it turned out right or wrong, but it seems like it might have been right. It was a ring on a chain that I wore around my neck, and I think that a circle was supposed to be a baby girl and back and forth was a boy.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Sometimes I don't know what some people are talking about, like, 'this time'.:D