Odds And Ends

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

OK. Next pile, scoop it up gently, put it on a board to dry, glue it down and then spray paint it gold. Put it in a box, gift wrap it and put it on his porch. I know people who don't deal with manure who would be highly offended by this.
    Better yet, put a price tag on it-- about $20.
    They used to make cow pie clocks around here. I thought they were a riot but many thought of them as disgusting.
    ???

Faye Fox likes this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Cold day today in the 60s with a north wind blowing. I am now eating my daily lunch bowl of ice cream, but had to don my thermal jacket to keep from shivering. Hard to believe it is June 1st.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, Faye.....c'mon over and spend the day at my house. You'll KNOW it's June. AND I have ice cream.

We can dress up like cowboys and I'll even let you wear my cowboy hat (it used to belong to Charlie Daniels).

Beth Gallagher and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Should I bring my own chaps or do you an extra pair? o_O

5. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

It's definitely B.Y.O.C. And please check your spurs at the door.....I just waxed the floor.

Mary Stetler and Faye Fox like this.
  6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't do spurs, never have! Those are for fighting roosters. I will wax up my boot bottoms and we can do some boot scootin on that new waxed floor.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  7. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, honey, with my balance, if I did some boot-scootin' on a freshly-waxed floor it would be immediately followed by some hip- breakin'.

We'll just do some butt-sittin' and some jaw-waggin'.

Faye Fox and Mary Stetler like this.
  8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Old age puts a new meaning to break dancing. :D:D:D:D

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, my treasured diary, where I post a few select thoughts and photos, on occasion, of my poorly clad aged body, I have returned. I served my self imposed banishment from SOC with grace, poise, and style.

Reflecting on what revelations I received while under my own restraint, I come up with visions much like seeing my reflection in a shattered mirror. No conclusive resolutions were reached and what I learned was nothing other than life is short, I am old and my acting like I am young is what is keeping me alive.

With those revelations, I returned to my early morning patio workout, clad in precious little. It was revealed to me that my wearing shorts, skimpy as they were, over my fabric shy hipster bikini bottoms, was effecting my workout. Also the changing of my sports crop top bra to a minimalist pushup bra composed of just a few threads, not only let my girls breath better, but gave me a feeling of being young. By lowering my inhibitions, I upped my routine and found I could add reps and enjoy doing it.

Also my self virtual incarceration, gave me more time to get things done. I returned to playing guitar at least once a week. My attempts to sell one of my expensive guitars, once again was thwarted. I had offers for trades, but I am just one old lady that has 8 fine guitars and no reason I would trade a fine in almost perfect condition, expensive, handmade classical guitar for some
    inferior factory made thing. I was offered to use it as a trade and get a $9000 credit toward another fine guitar they priced at $20K. I guess they see me as a crystalized, solidified, sugar mixture on a stick.

The tomatoes in my patio garden are loaded and still not requiring any support, but I did add a few of my wire hoop stakes just for grins. It is raining today so that is a good thing. I didn't get my legs shaved as planned and my time frame for such activities has passed, so no bare legs in public today.

With that I will close this soul bearing to you, my diary, my manuscript stored safely in the forums inner sanctum for viewing by other scribes and scholars that dare read.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    Mary Stetler likes this.
  10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Another 4 hours out in my yard today. I am not sure how much longer I can keep up this real Stihl and Husqvarna girl stuff. It was in the upper 80s when I started and low 90s when I finished. I waited later than usual to start because my attitude needed adjusting. After some rather unpleasant discussion, I donned my western flat brim straw hat and out I went. I used to wear a cap, but after having cancer taken off the back of my ears, a brim all around seemed like a good idea.

Anyway, I was sweating profusely when I finally got it all mowed. After a long shower and cooling under the influence of AC, I finally ate my dinner and now off to bed as the clock is pushing 6 PM or 1800 hours. I am not sore yet. I sure hope I can go back to sleep after my first pee awaking. I made it 5 hours straight last night before my bladder interrupted my dreams. After that, I was awake until 2 AM and then conked out and woke at 3:15 and got up and with my sports two piece donned, did my patio workout.

It always seems to me when I get in bed, that I was doing that same thing just minutes earlier. It seems I am always going to bed. Time passes much too fast and it seems like yesterday I was young and full of piss and vinegar, as one of my grandpas would say. I am still full of vinegar by day and piss at night, but the youth part was yesteryear and yesteryear is gone.

11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

You are in good company here. We are definitely all full of piss and vinegar.
    It is actually quite cool here for June. So I can get a bit of work done during mid day. I was pulling thistles off the mound yesterday and lost my balance. I pulled a muscle or something in my bad leg knee. So turned my attention to the garden cuz it is flatter and planted a section of beans. I Used the three fingered rake as an extra cane.
    The wax beans are up. Planting a new variety of green bush beans and I will put in another section in July.
    My silkie rooster, Jeffery, kept me company along with my barn cat. Both were inside the fence. Jeffery caught his first worm and ate it! He took a long time, I think, because it had dirt on it.:confused: He is growing up so fast. Bonneroo comes in to catch any critters I might stir up but not enough good stuff up yet to draw the voles and such.
    Got a batch of tender lambsquarters (weeds) for dinner. They compete with asparagus in flavor at this stage and don't require planting or weeding.:)

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The patio tomatoes are loaded and looking great. I am guessing about the 2nd week in July since the weather has turned cool again. I am so excited to eat the first one and see if they taste as good as is the brag.

I didn't sleep worth talking about last night. I may have gotten 3 hours. I went to sleep easy enough, but woke up with head pains and that was it for any real sleep. I did lay quietly with my eyes shut until 2 AM when I got up and did my workout. I feel a bit zombiefied, but will do my walk anyway.

About six weeks ago, I learned my hairdresser had retired and moved away. I decided to try one of the places run by young gals. I told her what I wanted, but somehow she got carried away on the sides. She said she loved it and it made me look young. It looked ok in her mirror but I had my glasses off, so I tipped her well. I realized she gave me a real buzz cut on the sides, not the gentle taper I wanted.

Anyway, it has grown out and I did my own trimming on it as in my avatar. I love my avatar look even if it makes my big nose stand out. No, @Shirley Martin, it isn't photoshopped. Anyway, I attempted to make her cut look better with makeup and my old glasses that I had prism lens put in. Not even the earrings, lipliner, and lipstick helped. I looked like an old streetwalking librarian. I was going to delete this photo but decided to keep it as a reminder that nothing helps a bad haircut except time.

I am well pleased with my current look as in my avatar and hope I can get her to do just a trim when needed and keep my current look.

15182149zBTD22OK.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  13. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

You look great Faye. Love the hairdo.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

What Nancy said. :D

Faye Fox and Thomas Windom like this.
  15. Faye Fox