Oscar Night Exciting? Well...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, a whole lot of controversy over the "Don't Say Gay" bill the Florida governor passed. A whole lot!

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Parents having dominion over that aspect of their children's lives is not controversial.
    Preventing "teachers" from discussing anything sexual with 5 year old kids is not controversial.

The hosts of the Oscars promote this stuff. You should not be funding them by tuning in.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

That's because the one host is Wanda Sikes and she is most definitely a lesbian. And, the Best Female Actor Award went to a lady that is a total believer in the GLBTQ community. And, stated that more needs to be done about how Trans are being treated.

To us, funding is giving money, not tuning out. If "tuning out" would be the case, we wouldn't be able to watch over half of the tv shows we currently watch. However, when Dancing With The Stars had a lesbian dancing with a pro-lady dancer, we stopped watching that show.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Getting an award for acting is ridiculous when you think of all the child actors that are and have been out there and done so successfully. An award? Even a kid can do it.

5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have been screaming about Chicago for years. I called news broadcasters. But it is black on black crime which does not fill the bill 'they' want. 'They' want to divide and take guns. Obviously they can't deny this black on black crime. It is everywhere for people to see. It will be ignored as far as prosecution.
    New laws for hate crimes are nuts. We already have the laws. 'They' just want to prove they want 'justice' for minorities.
    Enforce the laws!!! Don't make new ones!

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, there are those that hate, ok dislike, Hollywood and those that really like the actors/actresses and the recognition they get.

7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I would get ribbons and stuff for horse shows and it was fun to see that people appreciated my ride. The ribbons get put in a box. We can live without them. Look at Marlon Brando. He didn't bother.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, I have a display case for the ribbons/medals I got while in the Navy. And, proudly display the case. I also wear a couple of Team Roping Trophy buckles I got from years back.

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Apparently Chris Rock took the high road and refused to press charges.

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's why they get awards for being "Woke," since you can do it in your sleep.

Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Actors (and ACTRESSES) get paid to be other people, often because they cannot do anything else well. Not being oneself and pretending to be someone else can sometimes pay VERY well, but most folks in the trade don't make much money, thus the "struggling actor". Please note that Smith slapped Rock and did not punch him. Not only is that a very effeminate way to do things but has led some to think that perhaps the entire thing was staged to try to get more attention for the award show, since very few people still watch. While few people actually viewed the show itself, millions have watched clips of the slap on social media.

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just a mention.
    There is no such thing as a “Don’t Say Gay” bill. That’s a left wing media name of a bill they do not want to exist. The woke mob wants CRT and sexuality to be taught from Kindergarten and up whilst the DeSantis’ bill merely inhibits teachers from teaching ANYTHING sexual in context to children up through 3rd grade or so. That goes for straight sex, gay sex and whatever kind of sex there might be.

Hollywood actors looking for a silly award for acting have no business preaching politics. If they want to get into politics then let them leave their broke back mountains and run for the senate or governor or dog catcher.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

It's already been stated that if Will Smith would've slapped a white guy, Smith would've been put in jail. Or visa-versa (white dude slapping black dude).

And, now I just read that the "slap" could've been phony. That Chris Rock never touched his face after the slap.

The "slap" made big headlines and, to a point, is somewhat of a relief from what's going on in the Ukraine.

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It was also said that if Dwayne Johnson had been the presenter, Smith would have done nothing at all.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock, is a "tough guy", very unlike Chris Rock.