Our Fragile Supply Chain

Discussion in 'In the News' started by John West, Aug 31, 2021.

1. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That picture is the result of incredibly stupid decisions made by brain-dead politicians and their cadre of sycophantic poltroons, all of whom are supported by legions of brain-dead voters who can make amoebas look like Mensa material.

2. John West

Registered

I am noting today that there are a number of pundits who're suggesting that the vaccine mandates could add evem further woes to the supply chain problems, especially the trucking sectors. Given the overall labor shortage, decimating it even more is a really stupid move, like tearing open a bad wound before it is given time to heal. You'd almost think the Biden administration is trying to actively kill the U.S. economy.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I understand the truckers have a less than 50% vax rate and are generally resistant to being told how to live their lives. California has requirements on what trucks and drivers can be in their state; Florida has no such restrictions. At least some of the ships that were waiting off California have transited the canal and are offloading in Florida, as they are losing money for every day they sit idle waiting to offload. California is also having trouble with the mandates and the unions I think.

4. John West

Registered

I read this morning that shipping backup problems at California ports are getting worse, not better. The article said ships were now waiting a record 17 days waiting to get into ports to unload/load. With inflation and consumer prices hitting record highs, this is going to really hurt people who're on fixed incomes.

5. John West

Registered

I just read that "More than 100 pharmaceutical drugs are facing supply chain shortages, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned. Drugs currently listed as "in shortage" by the FDA include antidepressants, antibiotics, heart medicines, cancer-fighting drugs, and pain killers."

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yet another reason why we should be manufacturing our own pharmaceuticals. I heard a couple of months ago that some chemo drugs are in short supply, which is terrifying to cancer patients.

Bobby Cole, Don Alaska and John West like this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

And, thanks to Joe Biden, there are 27 oil tankers sitting off the coast of California waiting to be processed. That’s 27 ships that wouldn’t have been there waiting in line in front of other imports if Joe hadn’t gummed up the works.

Don Alaska and John West like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That oil would have been produced in the U.S.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Precisely! Not only produced here in the U.S. but also NO risk of polluting the ocean, less “carbon footprint”, less cost to the U.S. taxpayer and more American jobs.

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.
  10. John West

Registered

I got a call this afternoon saying the counter chairs we ordered back in July had just come in. That was about a month earlier than expected. As an aside, these are American Made and replace the China crap that fell apart in less than a year after we got them.