1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out Of Hospital

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Lois Winters, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Well Mary, the CDC law says I have two more days of quarantine, and then I'll hit the sunshine. I am given lots of Vit. D3 to compensate, among a million other supplements and anti-infectious drugs. The steroids are fatiguing me big time, but I exercise in my apartment and feel a tad stronger each day. Not easy at age 91. But I am determined. Ornery old cuss that I am. I am also still on very strong broad spectrum antibiotics, which are a Godsend. Finally, my appetite is returning as well. So, all is on the up swing.
    Thanks for reaching out to me.

2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Lois Winters

Registered

Takes me some time these days to read all, but, I do get around to it. Perhaps some of it is the lack of daily chatting, which I sorely miss. Stay away from a lot of the heavy stuff these days, as I certainly have had more than my share all my life. I've suddenly lost my need for music every day, but prefer the sounds of nature. Today's movies are not really of my liking at all, and baseball, happily, is back, so that's my tv go to and old YouTube movies. My eyes get tired reading, so that's more slow-going, even though I have 20/20 vision. But, weak muscles inhibit me.

Yet, I cherish each and everyone of you and love it when you do post. I cannot thank you all for your felicitations and good wishes for my speedy recovery. Where else can one find friends like you guys?

God bless you, your family and friends and please, above all else, stay healthy.

4. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good afternoon to all-

sorry to hear about illness, and glad to hear you're back home. Take care and get better.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad to see that you are much better, Lois. :D

Lois Winters likes this.
  6. Lois Winters

Registered

Thanks, Shirley. Just took a nice hot shower and off to bed to read. Getting some macular degeneration in left eye, so it tires quickly.

But Marley and I soldier on with our little infirmities. xxx

7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I was just laughing at how difficult showering has become. Undressing, dressing, turning around with EXTREME care. I am telling ya. the Golden Girls series ended too soon.

8. John Nopales

John Nopales Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Macular degeneration is caused by damage to the macula of the retina.
    I've been concerned about having symptoms of this too through the years, especially this past week.

Then I fortunately discovered the importance of a group of compounds including retinal, retinol, and beta-carotene
    (aka vitamin A) which are considered essential for night and day (color) vision. Foods high in retinal and beta-carotene
    include sweet potatoes, carrots, apricots, pumpkin, cantaloupe, butternut squash, broccoli, dark leafy greens, salmon and tuna.

I started consuming sweet potatoes again Monday, and by Wednesday the issues had completely disappeared.
    Perhaps trying this would be helpful for you too.

9. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That is spectacular, @John Nopales! Thanks for letting us know!

John Nopales likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My great aunt had cataracts back when I was a little girl, and I remember her explaining to my mother that she could not see well enough to renew her driver’s license.
    Someone told her to eat pumpkin seeds, and she said she bought some raw ones and was eating a handful each day.
    The next time we visited her, she happily told us that her cataracts had cleared up enough that she had now renewed her driver’s license.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
  11. Lois Winters

Registered

Now, that is very interesting to say the least. Even though my cataracts are long gone, I'll munch on the seeds, as I love them.

Yvonne Smith and Mary Stetler like this.