Parking With Wheels Turned In, Or Out

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Jane Carlson

Jane Carlson Well-Known Member
    Registered

Other than someone parked so close to me that I can barely get in my car, what annoys me are people at the grocery store that park so close behind me that I can't get behind my car to open the back hatch to load my groceries. I have to get in the car and move forward, then open the hatch. Of course, that only happens when I back into a space.

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

And, now, should a new thread be done about those that park in a Handicap spot that aren't Handicap? Those that are, either have to have a Handicap license plate (rear) or a Placard hanging or laying on the dash. Some will forget to display their Placard or they have it attached to their sun visor, but forget to lower the visor down so it shows.

There are those that aren't Handicapped, see an empty Handicapped spot and pull into it, because it's the only parking spot available in the are they are walking to. To any Handicap person, that's definitely a "no, no"!
    I have the Placard and hang it from review mirror when parked, but don't leave it there when I drive. I put it in the storage area in the door. I have never/ever forgot to display it.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ever hear a parent say, “stop it or I’ll give ya something to cry about”!
    Well, I say, if someone who isn’t handicapped parks in a handicap spot then they should be shot in the knees so they’d have a reason to park in the handicap spot.

Seriously though, we have the parking police all around here and folks who do not have a tag hanging from their mirror or a handicap license plate get slapped with a pretty healthy fine.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had someone get mad at me because I didn't park in a handicapped spot. I guess I had taken one of the better non-handicapped spaces, and, because it was my wife's car, it has a handicapped tag, but that's only to be used when she's in the car.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Karens are alive and spreading !
    I’ve never had anyone yell at me for it but I won’t part in a handicapped slot if I’m by myself also.
    Sometimes if Yvonne is feeling particularly perky and wants to get in her steps, we’ll park a little further away from the store disregarding her handicap status.

Ken Anderson likes this.