People Who Give Wrong Information

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

If you know that the person gave, or is giving, wrong information, do you let them know what they did? This is where the word "confrontation" comes in.

As for myself, I have no problem informing (confronting) someone that has given wrong information. But, there are those that won't do that and the information stays wrong, until someone, like myself, steps in.

I've had to confront my SIL a number of times, because she told me wrong information. My wife, her younger sister, completely understands why I do it.

I've given wrong information and someone has corrected me. How did I take it? I simply said "thanks for correcting me."

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I say thank you too for corrections, long as it's the correct, correction. :D Some will argue with facts and thats not being correct other than politically correct.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It depends on who it is, and maybe what the information is. There are some people who I don't really expect accurate information from, so I don't bother unless I'm in the mood to stick it to them. I had a landlady for about six years, who continuously called me Kent. I corrected her a couple of times, then I just started answering to Kent. I also know people who believe all sorts of things, and, when they seem to be intelligent or open enough to carry on a conversation, I might dispute them, but, otherwise, I just let them talk.

I have one brother who is liberal on most issues. He was liberal when he was in high school and college - so was I for a while, but I grew up. In a perfect world, people wouldn't be eligible to vote until they grew out of their liberal phase. One of my other brothers warned me not to discuss politics with him but he's my brother, not someone I need to walk on eggshells with, so I make a point of discussing politics with him. If I owned a MAGA hat, I'd have worn it to his house. He's my brother and we love each other, but that doesn't mean that he can't be wrong about everything.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Mary Stetler and Marie Mallery like this.