People Who Just Don't Understand!

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Never mind Cody. Again, you missed my point.

Ya know, it would be a small courtesy to at least thank folks who are here trying to help you. Whether you like the ideas or not [in as much as I can’t remember you ever liking someone else’s ideas] if you would at least show some appreciation for people thinking of you and writing some suggestions, a thanks would be the real cowboy thing to do.

Or… perhaps it is something I’ll just never understand…..

Mary Stetler, Faye Fox and Mary Robi like this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh ,it's also customary and good manners to thank people who send you happy birthday wishes. That's not so hard to understand, is it?

Mary Stetler, Faye Fox and Mary Robi like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Bobby, I do appreciate the info from everyone, but you, and others, are not us!

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't even know that anyone sent me a happy birthday wish. But, if there was, "Thank You!!"
    It's just that we have a lot of things going on right now.

Hedi Mitchell and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

From the book of Accepted Cowboy Code of Conduct

Cowboy Etiquette Rule #6: Ride for the brand
    The Cowboy Way is a work ethic—and a life philosophy—that includes a willingness to give 100 percent in any situation. Humbleness and practicality are also central to the creed: When herding cattle, don’t sort the animals without being asked, and ride drag (back of the herd, not wing or lead) unless instructed otherwise. Loyalty to one’s employer and personal integrity are sources of pride. Avoid cutting off other riders, and never ride out in front of the boss! And remember, a real cowboy never complains—no matter how tired, cold, hungry, thirsty, or hurt he may be.

Mary Robi and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi All. I haven't posted on this site for about 6 months, and it looks like nothing much has changed. As an FYI, the OP often posted on another site I frequent daily. He started a thread in the real estate/renting sub forum back in Feb (he is easy to identify :)) and quickly got called out by the other posters, and he eventually fled the scene and mods closed the thread. But here is what one of the other posters had to say as he left: (this was in March of this year)

You've been complaining about tattoos, barking dogs, bad drivers, unfriendly people, towns growing, and young people here on this forum since 2006, when you were in your 50s and years YOUNGER than ******** is now.
    In all that time, you've never once said that you were happy. Not once.
    It might be instructional for you to go back and read all of your posts over the last 18 years.
    If you do, you'll see that thousands of compassionate, respectful, and kind people on this forum have generously spent millions of hours of their valuable time answering your pleas for help.
    In almost every thread you've started since 2006, you've ended up insulting, arguing with, and attacking the people here who are just trying to offer you suggestions, information and links in response to YOUR requests for help.
    You seem to feel everyone is out to get you when they're just trying to help you out in response to YOUR posts and threads. You're the one that gets upset and over reacts when people offer you help, suggestions and advice or an opinion that differs from yours, not the other way around.
    Perhaps going back and re-reading your posts will offer you (and your dear wife) some clues as to why you've been unable to make friends and been so unhappy in real life for at least the last 18 years (if not longer). If not, perhaps some time with a professional therapist discussing your unhappiness and difficulty making friends might be beneficial.
    By the way, I've spent a lot of time in Loveland and Larimer County over the last three years. I've met and talked to many very friendly, happy seniors (and young people too) who live there and love it. I've also made some good friends out there and I don't even live there full time. You make it sound like every senior there is miserable and complaining constantly, and that simply is not true.
    I'm only four years younger than you, so I'm sure you'll say that I am not old enough to know anything about my fellow babyboomers, but you sure seem to attract a lot of very unhappy people who complain and moan about everything and are never happy.
    Why is that?
    Maybe it's worth figuring out.
    Best wishes to you and your wife. I sincerely hope that some day you can be happier with life than you've sounded in your thousands of posts here over the last 18 years. At your advanced age, time is short. I hope you find the happiness you and everyone else deserves before it's too late.

I think this sums things up pretty well.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

One of the things I love about going to the gym is that most of the complaints I hear, the person complaining is the same person who is trying to do something about it.

Ya know, gyms are funny places but not as in; funny ha-ha.
    They each have their own rules and regulations but basically, they’re pretty much the same; it’s where people of all types and shapes go to better themselves.
    It is a given that not all gyms are good for all types of people. At our gym, we used to have more bodybuilders than we do now because those builders got advanced enough to go to another gym that favors that type of training.
    Another factor is money. When Planet Fitness opened up here in Huntsville, a few people went there because it’s only $10 a month.
    All that said, every gym has people who have problems. They could be physical or mental or both and we go because we ALL have problems that can be helped by going.

The one factor that is understood is that gym life involves being around people in a community and no matter which gym one moves to, it’s still a community.
    No matter what age, race, color, creed, number of piercings or tattoos or what kind of tennis shoes or hat they wear, it’s a community of people who are trying to better themselves.

Now, are there people in the gym community who are a pain in the butt? Sure there are. Are there people I do not like? Yup.
    Will that be the case if I moved to another gym? It’s more than likely.
    So….what’s the solution?
    I have to recognize that in a community of people, there is always a common ground that can be shared and if I do not wish to share in that common ground then the problem is me, not them.

If I wish, I can always train at home all by myself and not have to worry about my likes and dislikes or I can choose to be a part of a community of people who are mostly there to improve themselves and be happy.
    The bottom line is that no matter which gym I go to, the ball is always on my side of the court. I either have to adjust to the folks who are going there or train by myself.
    If by myself then whom will I look to should I need advice? Whom will set an example for motivation and a myriad of other good aspects of gym community life?
    After all, I am not a man who knows it all but rather, I’m still on a journey and have a lot of questions yet to be answered and thankfully, there are people in my gym community more than willing to help out because we all understand what we’re there for.

Ya know, maybe it’s the same in Every kind of community? Maybe we have to take the time to realize that the problem we’re having with understanding isn’t in someone else’s court but in our own?

Ken Anderson and Mary Robi like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey Hoot. Hope all is well with you. Most of us know that Cody rotates around a few forums; he gets in a huff and leaves one, then shows up on one of the others. Same song, second verse. Sometimes I wonder if he's just been trolling a lot of people since 2006 and we all are the chumps.

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Hahaha! I know the guy that made that post.

10. Hoot Crawford

Registered

Trolling? Nah. I am reminded of a famous actor in Hollywood, so famous I forget his name, a known Drama Queen, who was described as "Always needing to be the center of attention, the Bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral"...

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Hey, Hoot. Good to see you back. That quote was about Teddy Roosevelt, and it was made by his daughter, Alice Roosevelt Longworth, who reportedly was as much an attention whore as her father.

She also put forth other public utterances that may fit the situation:
    -If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me.
    -He looks as though he's been weaned on a pickle.
    -I've always believed in the adage that the secret of eternal youth is arrested development.

Hoot Crawford and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

People keep falling for it and offering advice, which he quickly pooh-poohs. I usually don't even open the threads because I know in advance what I'm going to read.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I forward my continuing offers of advice to the Vatican, figuring it will bolster my case for sainthood. I want to be the patron saint of the gullible, and have my statues made of fool's gold.

Saint Pyrite

14. Hoot Crawford

Registered

Yep - I was aware of the origin of that quote by Alice, and i heard it reused later in a slightly different context.

I particularly like the bolded quote too.. :)

John Brunner likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias." :D (I loved Olympia Dukakis.)

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 12-35-19 clairee belcher quotes - Google Search.png

Faye Fox and Hoot Crawford like this.