People Who Just Don't Understand!

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Hoot Crawford and Faye Fox like this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

But I do anyway.:rolleyes:

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Two more things: My mother always told me, To have a friend you have to BE a friend. (Which is too much work for some)
    And the scariest thing I learned from the Lord's Prayer when I finally stopped just saying it wrote:
    (asking God to) Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
    I might be in big trouble on occasion.
    Glad to see ya Hoot!!!

Hoot Crawford and Mary Robi like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Listen folks, yes I've complained about where we live, because the city has changed so, so much since we moved here in 2019. Hoot talks about the city like it's Heaven, of which, it definitely isn't. Well, I will say this, it is Heaven for the young generation in their 20's/early 30's, because they know this is a VERY lenient city and they can get away with a lot here! The city is growing dramatically and the traffic and crime is matching that growth.

It's very true that neither of us like the sight of multiple tattoos on face/neck or where every or facial piercings and there are those on this forum that don't like that stuff as well...............BUT, for whatever reasons, they won't state that. Probably due to the backlash they may/will get.

Seems as if Hoot has always disliked me for whatever reasons and neither wife nor I really care about what he thinks of us. I don't know, or really care, who Hoot has talked to in this city, but we know who we have talked to (Seniors) that totally dislike what has happened to this city. I read about citizens complaining, on a daily/weekly basis, about all of the housing that is going up here, vehicles being stolen, how young drivers have almost forced some drivers off of streets for going to slow (speed limit) and other things.

As far as the apartment complex that we live in goes, the owner/manager shouldn't allow any Baby Boomers or older to move in! The complex is like living in a college dorm!
    Actually, a senior resident here complained about how non-Disabled young people were parking in Handicap spots. He was told not to complain anymore or he would get evicted. He told me that himself.

As far as the complex we have lived in for almost 4 years now, both old and new managers have received numerous complaints about cigarette smoking, marijuana smoking, dogs off of leash and noise, but the young people here don't care what the manager says or the Lease states. It is now a "Free For All" complex, exactly what the young folks here love.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Everything you are complaining about is the Forever State of apartment life. My ex and I bought a house and then split up 3 months later. I was 24 years old and making $5/hour. I stayed in the place--house poor for many years--rather than endure the very things you're blaming on "today's young people." That was 45 years ago.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, John, when an apartment manager sends out e-mails about whatever complaints she gets and the residents just ignore the e-mails and continuing doing what they want to do, there is a definitely problems going on that should be addressed. Then again, the apartment walls of this complex are the thinnest we've ever encountered. But, then again, thin walls or not, ALL residents should respect residents living next to them or above them concerning noise.

Actually, we think what happened was.............the carpet was taken out of the apartment above us. The two different residents that lived in the apartment above us were very quiet walkers and we think that was due to the carpet in the apartment. They know we live below them and yet they still play ball with their dog in the apartment. We can hear the ball bouncing and the dog running around their apartment at 10:30 at night. And, why should we use foam ear plugs, when we aren't the problem?

As for the guy that lives next to us, he smokes cigarettes on his patio, which is in the Lease that can't be done. He doesn't care! And, he mounted speakers on his living room wall, which faces our dining room and cranks up his stereo. The music can literally shake our wall! We have to hammer (hand) on the wall so he'll turn the music down. Again, he doesn't care!

IOW, for those that have to live in an apartment, ALL should be respectable of others living around them. That just doesn't happen here!

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno Cody.
    You’ve been there for how many years now? The complaints started coming in around your second week there so why did you sign another lease and then another?

If I disliked what was going on after a month, I would have lodged a formal complaint and had the owner or manager tear up the lease or in the worse case scenario, moved after the 1st lease ran out.

Faye Fox and Mary Robi like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Been on Ken's forum since late 2015. Bobby, it takes money to move and not everyone can move out of an apartment that easy, physically and financially. And, if a manager gets approval from owner to tear up a Lease, that could easily go on a Credit Report. Don't need that! Like the title of this thread, "People Who Just Don't Understand".

Actually, not long after moving in, we did have a complaint with our neighbor who lived next to our bedroom. Their kitchen is right next to our bedroom. He had his brother over one weekday late and they were talking loud in the kitchen and woke wife and I up. The manager, at that time, sent him a Notice/Warning about the loud talking. He talked to the manager and told her how sorry he was for talking so loud, but two nights later, the loud talking happened again. We informed the manager and she was on the verge of getting a Court Order to Evict him, told him that in a message, but we didn't want that. The loud talking stopped, but when his Lease came up for renewal in 2021, him and his wife also got a rent raise. They ended up moving out.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Funny, but we just got an e-mail from the manager about someone complaining about who is using the pool and how some young residents are smoking/vaping/using glass bottles in the pool area. She's not real happy about the pool problems. And, on top of that, some residents aren't receiving their packages from Fed X or UPS at their door. It's either the Fed X or UPS drivers delivering wrong or residents stealing packages.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Let’s get real, that’s just more excuses and you know it Cody.
    If a manager or owner approves of an end of lease, it doesn’t go on any credit report.

Oh and, I understand perfectly. If ya have enough money to travel all over the place going to rodeos and rodeo functions in Vegas, ya can find the cash to move if you really wanted to.

By the bye…..have ya chopped down the lilacs yet?

Hoot Crawford and Mary Robi like this.
  11. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Attached Files:

Faye Fox, Hoot Crawford and Mary Robi like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Enough, Bobby, enough! LOL

Anyway, the cost of going to two, and note the word "two", rodeos here, let alone flying to Vegas in December 2021, renting a car and getting a room to sleep in, wouldn't come close to how much it would cost us to move. Remember, we have the cost of our boat to transport, packing still left to do, moving company to call for estimate and cost for movers. It's pretty obvious you haven't moved in a very long time! Just saying.

We had thought about moving to a different apartment here, but would still have to put up with the winters here. That's why we decided to "stay put" right here. Unfortunately, we couldn't do a thing about who the manager allows to move into this complex. Now, THAT is just a fact.

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

To move from Texas to Kansas was $6500 plus tips fro Movers 12-2022
    That was cheap compared to other quotes.
    The cost of everything else once we moved was another $3000 ar least.
    Not taking sides here. just that it is very expensive to move anywhere now.

14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I experienced the exact same thing in the early 1970s. I had a guy move in to a second floor apartment at 3AM. He propped the lobby door open and was shouting directions from the second floor down to his friends out in the parking lot: "Now bring up the couch!!!!!" At three-damned-A-M.

He was a firefighter, so worked odd shifts. He used his record player as his security system, putting a record on, turning up the volume, leaving the arm up so it would play over and over and over and over literally all graveyard shift long. Steely Dan, Aja album, Side Two. I still can't listen to any of the songs on it. (Peg?!?!?! Slowly I turned. Step by step. Inch by inch.)

I've lived below families that were allergic to carpets and liked clogging.

Then there are the slamming doors. Once is an accident. Habitually is aggressive ignorance. When I was a kid, we got admonished if we let doors slam in a stand-alone dwelling.

No complaints to management mattered. Their sole function is to collect rents in a timely manner. That is the lease term that gets enforced...that, and move-out dates. Oh...and any excuse to keep your security deposit.

As it has always been, so shall it always be.
    There is nothing new under the sun.
    Lather/rinse/repeat.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

As far as a door goes, our next door neighbors door seems to swell with summer heat. Maintenance just can't seem to fix it and the young couple, especially the guy, just likes to slam it shut. But, if the door does indeed swell, slamming it shut is probably the only way to shut it completely. However, we have no problem shutting our front door. No loud slam, like he does.

The last apartment we lived in for 10 1/2 years was a "Bungalow" type. Nobody lived above us and it was built/attached to the end of the building. Only 4 of those "Bungalow" apartments in the entire complex. It was very nice, but still got some noise from neighbors in the building next to us. One bottom apartment across from us, the young couple would invite their mother over to smoke something on their patio, which faced our bedroom, at midnight. They would talk to each other like it was 2PM in the afternoon. Woke us up! I get my high-beam small flashlight, point it at them from our patio (next to our bedroom) and ask them to "please quiet down, there are people sleeping". They'd put the smoking stuff away and go inside.

Had another neighbor, same building next to ours, who had a dog that would continuously bark all day. Told manager about it and she gave the resident the option to move or get rid of the dog. He got rid of the dog. Problem solved!

For those that can't buy a home, or want to rent one, or can't rent in a 55+ place, it can be "Hell" living in some apartment complexes. Where my SIL (wife's older sister) now rents an apartment in a Independant and Nursing type complex, no noise exists, because all of her neighbors are in their 80's/90's in wheelchairs/walkers/canes. But, she is paying over $3,000 a month for "everything paid for and meals".

John Brunner likes this.